Sire H7 oh and 68 Gibson 345 .

They're semi hollow, so, yes.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Damn, I'll take the Sire with 2mm shorter tenon, thankyou verymuch.
Although that gap between the fretboard and truss rod does seem crazy, how does the rod even function like that?
The gap around the truss rod is a tone suck . The Sire is ok for cheap and plays quite well but compared with real 335s it's a POS.

People do that all the time. We’ve got this double neck abomination that’s half acoustic 12 string half six string electric. It’s a pile of shit, but this guy is investing in new pick ups for it.
But is it his sixth time owning the half acoustic 12 string half six string electric pile of shit?!?!?! :crazy

IMG_3485.jpeg

They seem to have routed all of the centre block away in front of the bridge post for the wires instead of the side of the bridge pickup rout. This is really dumb.
You can also see how thick the top and the finish is here.

The problem is is how do you talk Someone out of upgrading something that has sentimental value? It’s not easy.
Maybe explain to them that the sentimental value will remain better in tact if they keep it "original"? Finding a tactful way to say:

"Its always going to be a pile of shit, no matter what we do to it. So keep your sentiment in tact by not revealing JUST how much of a pile of shit this thing is by sinking $500 worth of work into it to find out it still sounds and plays like ass. Ignorance is bliss."

Maybe explain to them that the sentimental value will remain better in tact if they keep it "original"? Finding a tactful way to say:

"Its always going to be a pile of shit, no matter what we do to it. So keep your sentiment in tact by not revealing JUST how much of a pile of shit this thing is by sinking $500 worth of work into it to find out it still sounds and plays like ass. Ignorance is bliss."
This Sire plays quite well, but the core tone is poor and so is the build.

This Sire plays quite well, but the core tone is poor and so is the build

This Sire plays quite well, but the core tone is poor and so is the build.
Keep up Eagle!! We're talking about 12 string acoustic/6 string electric double neck piles of shit now!

Thanks for sharing the pics of the Sire. A lot of it is "yeah, well, it's a $700 semi-hollow." But...ugh. The bridge post situation is just...a terrible design choice, and the truss rod route is . . . just beyond lazy in the age of CNC. And while I'm fine with a bit of a gap on the longitudinal end of the tenon, it seems to carry over pretty significantly down one of the sides of the tenon too. I hadn't really found their guitars terribly appealing to begin with, but even less so now.

Last edited:
Thing is, you can get a $700 Ibanez AS93, and it’s much nicer than that. Not sure I understand the appeal of Sire anymore.
Yeah. I mean, thick poly, crappy tuners, woods that more resemble those used in “dining room chair from Target”, etc. is just kinda par for the course.

But looking over my fairly deconstructed Hamer Echotone the finish is super thick because it’s got pore filler, sealer, color, clear, etc., to deal with the questionable wood, but it is applied well without corner pooling, goofiness around routes, etc. sides of the neck tenon are wood-on-wood, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Probably unpopular opinion:

I can't really think of a guitar brand that's come about since the 90s (I'm being generous, probably the 80s) thats really been necessary or worthy of much attention :idk