IMG_3489.jpeg

MJ signed pickups
IMG_3487.jpeg

Satin neck
IMG_3488.jpeg

Vintage SD91s
Full rewire . Is it better? Yes.
Was it worth it? No.
It plays reasonably well the fret end are over rolled and you loose playing width which I don’t like and you can’t get it back even with a refret. The post can’t be pressed in flat because it is not straight and the neck wood really is worse than the joke palette picture I posted. Its acoustic tone is harsh and lacks any complexity. It weigh more than practically any 335 I have ever held but it is or was cheap. The story for me is don’t buy this guitar because it’s fundamentally not worth it. It’s the bones that are the most budget and no matter what you do they are still there.

What's the price on that Ibby? Looks like the range that is still a few hundred more than the Sire (though also looks to be much more than $300 better than the Sire, too).
That one is now discontinued but fairly easy to find for less money.

People do that all the time. We’ve got this double neck abomination that’s half acoustic 12 string half six string electric. It’s a pile of shit, but this guy is investing in new pick ups for it.

Why? It's like taking a turd and putting shiny wrapping paper on it and a bow.

presents wtf GIF

:LOL:

One of my best buds, who I play in a band with weekly, as taken to buying crap off
FB Marketplace. Like $60 no name Strats, and then using those as platforms to work
on his luthier skills. At this point I am not sure what he is actually learning, and if
it is worth his time and $$. His playing has kind of fallen off a cliff as a result, too.

Only so many hours in the day. I ain't wasting it on giving piles of crap mouth to
mouth in the vain attempt to give it life. :facepalm

Why? It's like taking a turd and putting shiny wrapping paper on it and a bow.

presents wtf GIF

:LOL:

One of my best buds, who I play in a band with weekly, as taken to buying crap off
FB Marketplace. Like $60 no name Strats, and then using those as platforms to work
on his luthier skills. At this point I am not sure what he is actually learning, and if
it is worth his time and $$. His playing has kind of fallen off a cliff as a result, too.

Only so many hours in the day. I ain't wasting it on giving piles of crap mouth to
mouth in the vain attempt to give it life. :facepalm
The diagnosis of issues comes with experience mostly and talking to good technicians that are willing to help you.