Sidekick HX Stomp - When did this happen??

mbenigni

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I hadn't heard of this before - a simple 2 switch add-on for HX Stomp with suitable form-factor and LED rings. (Though I doubt they change colors, and I don't understand what the copy means where it says, "red and blue LED light ring indicators ensure that you always know which mode you're in".) Significant price premium over a Moskey dual switch or whatever, but very cool - I'm considering picking one up:

Reminds me of the similar 3rd-party footswitch extension available for the FM3.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of this before - a simple 2 switch add-on for HX Stomp with suitable form-factor and LED rings. (Though I doubt they change colors, and I don't understand what the copy means where it says, "red and blue LED light ring indicators ensure that you always know which mode you're in". Significant price premium over a Moskey dual switch or whatever, but very cool - I'm considering picking one up:

Reminds me of the similar 3rd-party footswitch extension available for the FM3.
The PERFECT Stomp would allow for an exp pedal as well as a 2 button footswitch to be added on (without involving midi). This thing looks great.

The PERFECT Stomp would allow for an exp pedal as well as a 2 button footswitch to be added on (without involving midi). This thing looks great.
Right... I keep forgetting that you can't use both simultaneously. That would be a tradeoff for sure.

i am not a smart man but it sounds like you are talking about the LT hahahaha. you just want it smaller then or ??
Valid point. But for what I use the Stomp for; a dual switch and exp plus the 3 onboard switches would be goldilocks. I have to think that that choice was certainly made to not cut into other model sales and that mentality would make sense 100%

For space saving reasons I would love something like the Mission pedal, but smaller with an extra Footswitch somewhere and you can switch between modes.

Right now I solve the problem by just having a separate pedal that does volume and wah, but it would be nice to have something really small and versatile that can be a permanent fixture.

Stomp XL has entered the chat.

IIRC, the product in the OP has been around for a while?
I don't want all those silk screen buttons though and I want to be able to build out and scale back as needed without breaking out a saw :rofl

You just mad because a smaller Stomp is the only thing that will fit on top of that GR :LOL:
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The HX Stomp XL really is pretty near perfect, the more I look at it. I love that they moved all of the I/O etc. to the back.

Imagine a full-scale Helix in that chassis, with 2 SHARC's, all the same routing possibilities, etc.

homer-simpson-drooling.gif
That would be worth it I'd say.

The XL, and the entire HX line, is pretty perfect, as far as the sizes and capability differences.

I just saw an HX effects IRL, the other night, and, either I've never seen one before, (believe it or not), or I forgot how small they were, but it's a great size.

I just saw an HX effects IRL, the other night, and, either I've never seen one before, (believe it or not), or I forgot how small they were, but it's a great size.
I believe it. I've never actually seen one in person, either. :unsure:

And now I've got it stuck in my head to trade my HX Stomp toward an XL. (I know, I know - Never Sell Your Stomp™.) I've distracted myself LOL.

It's weird - the used prices for the two, in similar condition, actually overlap.

HX FX is not impressive to me at all. Fixed impedance and all that means in the HX world is meh. Black and white scribbles, weird screen and more silk screened buttons are a big fat nope for me.

Back