Sidekick HX Stomp - When did this happen??

Well if it makes you feel any better, after the dot bomb it took me years to get in the ballpark of that kind of money again. As in over a decade.
I never "feel any better" ;) but yeah, that tracks. I graduated in '91, so basically straight into an economic slump and lots of unemployment. I did start to make some decent money as a contractor in the mid-'90s, and then that dot com/ Y2K bubble burst and cut the legs out from all of us. (Well, a lot of us. I was unemployed for almost a year.) These days I just hang on to a middling salary and job security. Got bills to pay. :D

This thread and having my Stomp XL back gave me a weird thought...a Fractal in Stomp XL form factor would absolutely slay

This thread and having my Stomp XL back gave me a weird thought...a Fractal in Stomp XL form factor would absolutely slay
In some ways, it wouldn't be a huge deviation from the FM9. Take off one front footswitch and the resulting "FM8" layout is essentially a mirror image of the XL. Except you'd have to trim off the enormous margins and completely rethink the UI, with all those buttons and LEDs.

In some ways, it wouldn't be a huge deviation from the FM9. Take off one front footswitch and the resulting "FM8" layout is essentially a mirror image of the XL. Except you'd have to trim off the enormous margins and completely rethink the UI, with all those buttons and LEDs.
Alright I have to jump in here. The Line 6 stuff is good. I’ve owned the Stomp and the HX effects. I’ve integrated both into boards supporting 4CM and amps. The best way I can reply to this is to say I bought the stomp originally while I was on the waiting list for the FM3. I set up a bunch of presets on the stomp and thought they sounded good.

Then I got the fractal. It was night and day. The effects and amp models on the FM3 even in 2020 were absolutely in another class. Now with the FM9, it is the **perfect** 4CM pedalboard. The ins/outs are set up appropriately for 4CM and it severely outclasses the HX Effects for the quality of the sound. THe HX is good, really good, but to say the Fractal gear isn’t clearly superior is really missing out.

losing robin williams GIF

Alright I have to jump in here. The Line 6 stuff is good. I’ve owned the Stomp and the HX effects. I’ve integrated both into boards supporting 4CM and amps. The best way I can reply to this is to say I bought the stomp originally while I was on the waiting list for the FM3. I set up a bunch of presets on the stomp and thought they sounded good.

Then I got the fractal. It was night and day. The effects and amp models on the FM3 even in 2020 were absolutely in another class. Now with the FM9, it is the **perfect** 4CM pedalboard. The ins/outs are set up appropriately for 4CM and it severely outclasses the HX Effects for the quality of the sound. THe HX is good, really good, but to say the Fractal gear isn’t clearly superior is really missing out.
I... think you misinterpreted my post. When I wrote "not a huge deviation", I was referring to the footswitch layout that would be required in order to accommodate a chassis like the XL's - because "Fractal in Stomp XL form factor" was the subject at hand.

I have no direct experience regarding the quality of Fractal amp models/ effects, but most of what I read supports your opinions.

Pedal on the left! Stick it to the man!
Ha yep! I'm right-handed, but oddly enough more left footed than right footed. If it makes more sense, I can kick field goals, punts, soccer balls, etc., equally well with either foot, with my left feeling slightly more natural.

When it comes to guitar, when standing I prefer to use wah with my left foot. Sitting I play classical style with my left foot on a little footstool, so I wah with my right then.

Back