Sidekick HX Stomp - When did this happen??

HX FX is not impressive to me at all. Fixed impedance and all that means in the HX world is meh. Black and white scribbles, weird screen and more silk screened buttons are a big fat nope for me.
And (with the Stomp/XL available at very similar prices) the omission of amp/cab sims for no good reason.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Someone correct me if I am wrong. If you could use the extra buttons the XL has as control switches for external devices without triggering events on the Stomp XL itself; it'd be golden.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. If you could use the extra buttons the XL has as control switches for external devices without triggering events on the Stomp XL itself; it'd be golden.
I don't see why you couldn't set a snapshot, with NO blocks on, or whatever blocks you wanted on, and then the same exact snapshot on button 2, but with just a PC message being the difference between the two.

In fact, that's EXACTLY what I did with my GM, my crunch tone and heavy gain tones were exactly the same, block wise, the only difference was the PC/CC messages sent to the amp.

And now I'll be distracted with TFM for the next few minutes.

If I know Line 6, what you're looking for is completely possible.

P.S. So far everything looks fully featured in terms of Command Center programming, with the possible exception of the Mode and Tap Tempo buttons.

P.P.S. So yes, these two buttons are somewhat limited in their programmability:
When set to the default “TAP/Tuner,” pressing the TAP switch repeatedly sets the system “TAP” tempo, and pressing and holding the switch displays the Tuner screen. When set to “AllBypas, pressing the TAP switch instead toggles the device’s Bypass on/off.

(No mention of the Mode/Edit/Exit switch except in describing its fixed behaviors.)

Last edited:
I don't see why you couldn't set a snapshot, with NO blocks on, or whatever blocks you wanted on, and then the same exact snapshot on button 2, but with just a PC message being the difference between the two.

In fact, that's EXACTLY what I did with my GM, my crunch tone and heavy gain tones were exactly the same, block wise, the only difference was the PC/CC messages sent to the amp.
I got my "problem" figured out. I just want buttons to trigger external events and not change anything on the HX whatever. If I want to use the Mode button as a generic footswitch or the tap button as a generic footswitch; I want it to do NOTHING on the Stomp preset that's loaded at the time.

And now I'll be distracted with TFM for the next few minutes.

If I know Line 6, what you're looking for is completely possible.

EDIT: So far everything looks fully featured in terms of Command Center programming, with the possible exception of the Mode and Tap Tempo buttons.
I should clarify that I don't want to have to create duplicate snapshots to setup these switching scenarios. I want to configure a button that I don't otherwise use to switch things downstream is all.

I should clarify that I don't want to have to create duplicate snapshots to setup these switching scenarios. I want to configure a button that I don't otherwise use to switch things downstream is all.
Well, it's always possible to have an unassigned switch in Stomp mode, and then program MIDI events on to it in Command Center. Is that what you're looking for?

Check out page 51, here:

Well, it's always possible to have an unassigned switch in Stomp mode, and then program MIDI events on to it in Command Center. Is that what you're looking for?

Check out page 51, here:
This is what I did with the regular stomp. Center button switches duplicate snapshots I set up to allow for toggling amp channels. Outer switches engage multiple blocks and with snapshot bypass; fx state stays the same no matter what snapshot I am on. I am not sure if the extra utility buttons on the XL operate in the same manner though.

This is what I did with the regular stomp. Center button switches duplicate snapshots I set up to allow for toggling amp channels. Outer switches engage multiple blocks and with snapshot bypass; fx state stays the same no matter what snapshot I am on. I am not sure if the extra utility buttons on the XL operate in the same manner though.
I think the short answer is that you've got 6 full featured switches instead of 3. (The up/down buttons can be configured to behave like the other 4.) Plus you retain a dedicated Tap Tempo/ Tuner switch, so if that's useful to you, you're really going from 2 switches to 6. Good deal. If you can find 12" on top of the GR. (Maybe pull the CTL pedal as well?)

This was me over the weekend
jack.gif

(I know, I know - Never Sell Your Stomp™.) I've distracted myself LOL.
i…. i….

I just sold my Stomp.

Yep, swede sold his 2018 Stomp. (Im referring to myself as another person because I loathe myself right now)

It’s the masses cry for simple dumbed down all in one effects fault.. they made me do it… they made line 6 make the stupid Pod Go, for stupid people like me.

i…. i….

I just sold my Stomp.

Yep, swede sold his 2018 Stomp. (Im referring to myself as another person because I loathe myself right now)

It’s the masses cry for simple dumbed down all in one effects fault.. they made me do it… they made line 6 make the stupid Pod Go, for stupid people like me.
You wanna hear about stupid? I bought the Stomp specifically because it was so small. (I already had a Floor.) And now I'm thinking about buying another Stomp... except bigger. :unsure:

You wanna hear about stupid? I bought the Stomp specifically because it was so small. (I already had a Floor.) And now I'm thinking about buying another Stomp... except bigger. :unsure:
I envy the intelligence of those who bought the Floor and LT and just held on to that… it’s like… wtf everyone is so smart and doing the right choices. Damn them… I should have kept the LT I bought before I jumped on the Stomp.

Two stomps = just get a floor/LT and stop goofing around with redundant and costly outboard crap.

One Stomp on a pedalboard with a few or 54 pedals = makes perfect sense

One Stomp alone = it’s sweet and cute and all but you either go nuts on midi switching psu whatever or you hate not being able to be the bad shoegazer you thought you’d could be with only a Stomp

Stomp XL with no or a few pedals = makes perfect sense.

Pod Go = be the poor mans shoegazer, but a frustrated one because you’d need just one more block… hack it to get it only to realize you can’t have that extra effect you wanted. (Semi truth though… wah and fx loop locks away a ample amount of dsp… wich is nuts)

(I am very greatfull though for my years with the Stomp as I learned a freaking a lot about doing…. Stuff)

1. Set FS3 to be Stomp 3. Set FS4 and 5 to be Stomp 4 and 5.
  2. From the Command Center, assign Stomps 1-5 to whatever MIDI PC, MIDI CC, MIDI Note, or QWERTY hotkey message you like.

1. Set FS3 to be Stomp 3. Set FS4 and 5 to be Stomp 4 and 5.
  2. From the Command Center, assign Stomps 1-5 to whatever MIDI PC, MIDI CC, MIDI Note, or QWERTY hotkey message you like.
Question (officially) answered. Thanks DI!

Back