Sidekick HX Stomp - When did this happen??

mbenigni

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I hadn't heard of this before - a simple 2 switch add-on for HX Stomp with suitable form-factor and LED rings. (Though I doubt they change colors, and I don't understand what the copy means where it says, "red and blue LED light ring indicators ensure that you always know which mode you're in".) Significant price premium over a Moskey dual switch or whatever, but very cool - I'm considering picking one up:

Reminds me of the similar 3rd-party footswitch extension available for the FM3.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of this before - a simple 2 switch add-on for HX Stomp with suitable form-factor and LED rings. (Though I doubt they change colors, and I don't understand what the copy means where it says, "red and blue LED light ring indicators ensure that you always know which mode you're in". Significant price premium over a Moskey dual switch or whatever, but very cool - I'm considering picking one up:

Reminds me of the similar 3rd-party footswitch extension available for the FM3.
The PERFECT Stomp would allow for an exp pedal as well as a 2 button footswitch to be added on (without involving midi). This thing looks great.

The PERFECT Stomp would allow for an exp pedal as well as a 2 button footswitch to be added on (without involving midi). This thing looks great.
Right... I keep forgetting that you can't use both simultaneously. That would be a tradeoff for sure.

Reactions: JT
i am not a smart man but it sounds like you are talking about the LT hahahaha. you just want it smaller then or ??
Valid point. But for what I use the Stomp for; a dual switch and exp plus the 3 onboard switches would be goldilocks. I have to think that that choice was certainly made to not cut into other model sales and that mentality would make sense 100%

For space saving reasons I would love something like the Mission pedal, but smaller with an extra Footswitch somewhere and you can switch between modes.

Right now I solve the problem by just having a separate pedal that does volume and wah, but it would be nice to have something really small and versatile that can be a permanent fixture.

Stomp XL has entered the chat.

IIRC, the product in the OP has been around for a while?
I don't want all those silk screen buttons though and I want to be able to build out and scale back as needed without breaking out a saw :rofl

You just mad because a smaller Stomp is the only thing that will fit on top of that GR :LOL:
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The HX Stomp XL really is pretty near perfect, the more I look at it. I love that they moved all of the I/O etc. to the back.

Imagine a full-scale Helix in that chassis, with 2 SHARC's, all the same routing possibilities, etc.

homer-simpson-drooling.gif
That would be worth it I'd say.

The XL, and the entire HX line, is pretty perfect, as far as the sizes and capability differences.

I just saw an HX effects IRL, the other night, and, either I've never seen one before, (believe it or not), or I forgot how small they were, but it's a great size.

I just saw an HX effects IRL, the other night, and, either I've never seen one before, (believe it or not), or I forgot how small they were, but it's a great size.
I believe it. I've never actually seen one in person, either. :unsure:

And now I've got it stuck in my head to trade my HX Stomp toward an XL. (I know, I know - Never Sell Your Stomp™.) I've distracted myself LOL.

It's weird - the used prices for the two, in similar condition, actually overlap.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
HX FX is not impressive to me at all. Fixed impedance and all that means in the HX world is meh. Black and white scribbles, weird screen and more silk screened buttons are a big fat nope for me.

Back