Show me your #1 and tell me why

If I could only have 1 neck pickup it would be that.

I wish you hadn't said that! I live on the neck for my pushed cleans and I've been thinking about that cruiser for a loooong time.

Thinking of getting a new EBMM pickguard and leaving the buffer and silent circuit on the original 'guard and playing around with some alternatives.

Ugh. This is gonna cost me!

I wish you hadn't said that! I live on the neck and I've been thinking about that cruiser for a loooong time.

Thinking of getting a new EBMM pickguard and leaving the buffer and silent circuit on that and playing around with some alternative.

Ugh. This is gonna cost me!
I say do it! You know how some singles can either be too boomy, or too bright, or both... well the cruiser is very balanced imo. Perfect top end and midrange without being harsh at all. Bottom is tight and never flubby.

rt1hhsvla5akhodv8qri copy.jpg

Just an unbelievably amazing sounding and playing guitar. The neck on this beast is second to none for playability and comfort.
It is one of the Empire 67 Fender CS guitars. This one has a relic'd Duncan RTM in the bridge, a hand wound CS single in the middle and a relic'd EVH frankenstein in the neck. 5 way switching with treble bleed. The metal pickguard is awesome as well.

View attachment 15028
Just an unbelievably amazing sounding and playing guitar. The neck on this beast is second to none for playability and comfort.
It is one of the Empire 67 Fender CS guitars. This one has a relic'd Duncan RTM in the bridge, a hand wound CS single in the middle and a relic'd EVH frankenstein in the neck. 5 way switching with treble bleed. The metal pickguard is awesome as well.
Goodnight that’s hot!

View attachment 15028
That’s a beautiful guitar,but I like seeing them like this.

IMG_2776.jpeg

It's currently tied between these two:

3A9AEDA4-30BA-4419-AE8C-8B3B9619FBE2.jpeg

IMG_5539.jpeg

Those Charvel necks are the best ever!

The Anderson Even Taper -.02" is also very comfy.

I may put the same Duncan SSL-6 single coils the Charvel has into the Anderson (I found a full set used a while back) and also plan to put and Anderson HC-3 into the bridge of the Charvel. I really liked those humbuckers.

It's currently tied between these two:

View attachment 15035
View attachment 15036

Those Charvel necks are the best ever!

The Anderson Even Taper -.02" is also very comfy.

I may put the same Duncan SSL-6 single coils the Charvel has into the Anderson (I found a full set used a while back) and also plan to put and Anderson HC-3 into the bridge of the Charvel. I really liked those humbuckers.
Anderson guitars are too notch too and Charvels are cool as well. Love those colors.

Last edited:
This is my #1. It has been since it showed up at my place in 2015. I had this custom built by Suhr. It is a carve top Standard with a one piece quilt top. It has a mahogany back, maple neck with rosewood board. It does everything I ask of it and does it very well. I get a great thick but bright tone out of the single coils on it and the humbucker is pretty versatile. I have a stable full of high end guitars and this one is the one I reach for every time when I am playing in a band context. My #2 is a PRS 594 that I put 57/08 pickups in. These two guitars are all I need for just about any gig. My 594 is a custom color. I threw in a picture of it for a bonus...

Attachments

• 20151104_180919.jpg
    20151104_180919.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20151104_180814.jpg
    20151104_180814.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20151104_180907.jpg
    20151104_180907.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • orlf0b5r5xtchqyvhmzz.jpg
    orlf0b5r5xtchqyvhmzz.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 15
  • dqi5wrf64mwe6o8vaz1k.jpg
    dqi5wrf64mwe6o8vaz1k.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 16
View attachment 15028

This nails it on so many levels for me. My next partscaster will most likely be a Mars/Holmes build, CBS-style headstock and a Floyd FTW!!!!!

This is my #1. It has been since it showed up at my place in 2015. I had this custom built by Suhr. It is a carve top Standard with a one piece quilt top. It has a mahogany back, maple neck with rosewood board. It does everything I ask of it and does it very well. I get a great thick but bright tone out of the single coils on it and the humbucker is pretty versatile. I have a stable full of high end guitars and this one is the one I reach for every time when I am playing in a band context. My #2 is a PRS 594 that I put 57/08 pickups in. These two guitars are all I need for just about any gig. My 594 is a custom color. I threw in a picture of it for a bonus...
That Suhr is :chef.

Back