Shot In The Dark live with Zakk.

People in the comments section were ripping Zakk and name dropping every YouTuber that has their own Dimebag channel and how they were the perfect fit for the band. I pretty much want Zakk to shake off any sort of uncomfortability and Dimebag-associated rust he might have and just rip everyone's face off.
+1

I’m not sure on the politics or how the Pantera rights are distributed but I think pulling in Zakk (Dime’s buddy) is a good way to come back, build some goodwill, and not get completely trashed by the public and fans. I also think Phil is probably writing down the names in the comment section for future tours…

People in the comments section were ripping Zakk and name dropping every YouTuber that has their own Dimebag channel and how they were the perfect fit for the band. I pretty much want Zakk to shake off any sort of uncomfortability and Dimebag-associated rust he might have and just rip everyone's face off.

Yep, “This dude with 5 subscribers who loves Dimebag would smoke Zakk with this!” Sure, the dude can probably rip Dime solos all day and night behind a camera in his bedroom, but being that they’re going to run this into 2024, I think the safer bet is someone they know is road-worthy and isn’t going to sh*t their pants the first time they step onstage in front of 60,000 people.

Yep, “This dude with 5 subscribers who loves Dimebag would smoke Zakk with this!” Sure, the dude can probably rip Dime solos all day and night behind a camera in his bedroom, but being that they’re going to run this into 2024, I think the safer bet is someone they know is road-worthy and isn’t going to sh*t their pants the first time they step onstage in front of 60,000 people.
"Thanks for watching this video on setting up a 31 band parametric eq in a U shape. Up next; I go play Russia with Metallica!"

+1

I’m not sure on the politics or how the Pantera rights are distributed but I think pulling in Zakk (Dime’s buddy) is a good way to come back, build some goodwill, and not get completely trashed by the public and fans. I also think Phil is probably writing down the names in the comment section for future tours…

Hahahah oh they’re still getting trashed by the public, except instead of being just the usual Pantera haters, it’s them PLUS crotchety Pantera fans who are upset that the media has been calling it a reunion, so you just see “It’s not Pantera” and “It’s not a reunion” written over and over and over in the comments sections.

Hahahah oh they’re still getting trashed by the public, except instead of being just the usual Pantera haters, it’s them PLUS crotchety Pantera fans who are upset that the media has been calling it a reunion, so you just see “It’s not Pantera” and “It’s not a reunion” written over and over and over in the comments sections.
It'll give them something new to argue about, instead of which Mike is better for DT. :ROFLMAO:

Some wonderful person just uploaded footage of the soundcheck from tonight's show to IG. It sounds great. If only the idiot would have stfu and let Phil sing in the recording :cussZakk is playing it classy and really keeps his stamp to the solo. Which still sounds like it's following the original where it needs to. If Philisn't completely croaking it out; this will be good \m/

I genuinely hope they offer up a DVD of a pro-shot show at some point.

Not bad! From what I could hear of Phil, he was actually singing it more there than he was in ‘96 when he just screamed everything. :rofl

Man, even though it’s not Vinnie and Dime, the second the drums and guitars came in, it still had the same weight as Pantera, the drums sound spot on. I know they’ve got a bunch of guys from the Pantera days doing this tour with them, I wouldn’t be surprised if Aaron is still doing FOH.

I wonder if we’ll hear Zakk play a little more on-the-beat as time goes on with this one. That might be one of the harder things to nail with Dime’s playing; with some stuff he was right on the beat and other stuff he was dragging behind it. Zakk, well, in this stage of his career, tends to be a little behind it and you can hear it in that vid, I know he’s not used to playing with a hard gate, but if he did, it’d go a long way into tightening those starts/stops up! Solo was pretty much exactly what I was expecting to hear, though he wasn’t going crazy with the pinch harmonics as much as I figured he would in the outro of the solo.

That is legit bad-ass! :headbang

Charlie is so fucking un-godly talented. Everyone is screaming "Oh Zakk this," and "Oh, Zakk that"
(both pro and con), and yet here is Charlie, a freaking monster of a musician with pro-level chops
on a variety of instruments. He hardly gets a mention.
There is a BLS and Anthrax show in the area in January and I am going. First big show post-COVID! :banana

Last edited:

The majourity of people are of average taste and intelligence. And half of them are below average. ;)

Gatekeepers Unite! We are live, here in our Mom's basement making sure this doesn't
pass us by without some serious protest and unrest. :hmm

Ewww James LaBrie?

"I've been stuck in my head voice so long I can't get out."

Let Me Out Jail GIF by Papa Roach

Sorry, James. I promised I would be better than this. :(

Back