SDOTD: Schecter Nick Johnston @ MF * $499 !

The orange SSS NJ is SDOTD - $500

I've been kicking myself for not ordering the white in time when it was SDotD. Can't really get with the orange, personally. I'm thinking about getting on the phone and seeing whether a sales rep will bend the rules and ship a white one at $499.

But then I see they've got 12 open box guitars in white, which suggests: a) a lot of the people who bought them during the last sale were dissatisfied, and b) I'd probably get an open box guitar no matter what I pay. (Not that this is any different than pulling a "new" guitar off the wall at any given Guitar Center...)

I've been kicking myself for not ordering the white in time when it was SDotD. Can't really get with the orange, personally. I'm thinking about getting on the phone and seeing whether a sales rep will bend the rules and ship a white one at $499.

But then I see they've got 12 open box guitars in white, which suggests: a) a lot of the people who bought them during the last sale were dissatisfied, and b) I'd probably get an open box guitar no matter what I pay. (Not that this is any different than pulling a "new" guitar off the wall at any given Guitar Center...)
FWIW, I still really like my NJ (though it does feel like a boat anchor compared to the HILS Next).

And it seems like most of the open box guitars are the green models. I don't know what "Blemished" might entail, but I see quite a few Demo models at SW with neck pocket cracks. This guitar doesn't ship in a gig bag, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if some of these returns arrived with a similar neck pocket crack. If that were to happen to me, I'd probably try to exchange too, leaving MF with an Open Box.

Just throwing that out there. Not trying to twist your arm or anything - especially since the orange aint your thing.

1727095439738.png

FWIW, I still really like my NJ (though it does feel like a boat anchor compared to the HILS Next).

And it seems like most of the open box guitars are the green models. I don't know what "Blemished" might entail, but I see quite a few Demo models at SW with neck pocket cracks. This guitar doesn't ship in a gig bag, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if some of these returns arrived with a similar neck pocket crack. If that were to happen to me, I'd probably try to exchange too, leaving MF with an Open Box.

Just throwing that out there. Not trying to twist your arm or anything - especially since the orange aint your thing.

View attachment 29116
Thank you - very useful information.

I don't actually need another Strat right now. I just really like the looks of the white NJ. At this point it's new, white, $499 - or my "impulse buy" circuitry shuts down and I start worrying about which modeler to buy next. :D

Aaand the black one is $499 today. :/

The model in Black is no longer posted. It has been replaced with an acoustic guitar.

I think they sold out of the Orange model and put the Black guitar up for the remaining time...

Back