SDOTD: Schecter Nick Johnston @ MF * $499 !

there is another interesting one I just found from Schecter the MV6
Its odd but is appealing in its pickup configuration, worth looking into it

I wonder what kind of Noiseless Combo I would use in that Bridge /Mid Humbucker Configuration?
:unsure:

the white looks Nice

1722291415647.png

No SDOTD up here in Quebec never ever, much less anything Schechter in stock lol
I love both the pink and the green but leaning more for the pink and its HSS I want
I believe there's a swimming pool route under the pickguard. I've yet to confirm myself. If that is, indeed, the case, I have a Suhr SSH in my closet, and I'm considering converting the SSS Johnston into an HSS.

I believe there's a swimming pool route under the pickguard. I've yet to confirm myself. If that is, indeed, the case, I have a Suhr SSH in my closet, and I'm considering converting the SSS Johnston into an HSS.
it is a swimming poll route i saw and read it somewhere

I'm hoping they're putting the slow selling colors up first...

A white one would be hard to pass up

Yeah, I would imagine that’s what’s happening. I’d bet the white and black ones sell quicker, who knows if they’ll get the sales treatment.

I had the SDotD page open for the Atomic White (I love white Strats) and while I was researching the guitar, it reverted to $899. That puts it safely outside impulse buy territory. Maybe for the best. :D

I had the SDotD page open for the Atomic White (I love white Strats) and while I was researching the guitar, it reverted to $899. That puts it safely outside impulse buy territory. Maybe for the best. :D

I smashed order before I even stepped out of bed. :ROFLMAO:

Granted I’ve already owned an NJ HSS before, so I’m familiar with the guitar and was just waiting on the right color to get the sale treatment.

Put an hour of ply through it.

Strat neck cleans

Sound Of Music GIF

Strat bridge distorted

Nat Geo Snow GIF by National Geographic Channel

Moved away from uber gained up amps and stuck with the bridge using the 1959 SLP Jumped…

slap GIF

Game on. Snappy, clear, cuts. Very different than my other guitars, which is why I wanted an SSS if I could bear it.

Super happy I jumped on this. Setup a touch higher than I’d prefer but build looks solid. Neck is very Ibby, so feels familiar but takes a second for your brain to adjust to it not being a baseball bat. Visually appealing guitar. The pick guard is a little more minty than it appears in the pictures, but it’s a nice contrast. Lot o’ Guitar for $500.

Thanks for the alert @eggpl@nt
I owe you beer. :beer

Super happy I jumped on this. Setup a touch higher than I’d prefer but build looks solid. Neck is very Ibby, so feels familiar but takes a second for your brain to adjust to it not being a baseball bat. Visually appealing guitar. The pick guard is a little more minty than it appears in the pictures, but it’s a nice contrast. Lot o’ Guitar for $500.
Wish I'd grabbed one. What's the color of your fingerboard like? Specs on MF say ebony, but the photos above are a bit light; more like a rosewood. (The headstock is a different color in MF's photos as well.)

How are those Schecter locking tuners?

#livingvicariously

Wish I'd grabbed one. What's the color of your fingerboard like? Specs on MF say ebony, but the photos above are a bit light; more like a rosewood. (The headstock is a different color in MF's photos as well.)

How are those Schecter locking tuners?

#livingvicariously

May just be the photo/lighting. It might be a touch lighter than my LP ebony fretboard, but the LP I recently polished up so probably really similar after I give the NJ its first cleanup.

Tuners are ok. They are not as beefy and solid as my other locking tuner guitars, but those are just more expensive guitars in general. #functional

Really pleased with it. I’m not a SSS connoisseur, but I’ve had a lot of fun playing it, and it’s kind of a perfect change of pace from my other guitars which are all HH.

May just be the photo/lighting. It might be a touch lighter than my LP ebony fretboard, but the LP I recently polished up so probably really similar after I give the NJ its first cleanup.

Tuners are ok. They are not as beefy and solid as my other locking tuner guitars, but those are just more expensive guitars in general. #functional

Really pleased with it. I’m not a SSS connoisseur, but I’ve had a lot of fun playing it, and it’s kind of a perfect change of pace from my other guitars which are all HH.
Nice. I'm just doing the snoozed and loozed post-mortem over here. :D

Fo sho. Comfortable to play, solid build, nice looking. It definitely satisfies my affordable SSS needs, which is playing bad Police inspired riffs on it with the Jazz Chorus cranked. :ROFLMAO: I got tired of doing the split coil thing on my HH guitars.
Congrats! I had the HSS orange one and was really good as a modern strat. I did put a JB in the bridge to beef it up a bit, but the bucker is pretty good as is

Back