Saw Post Malone in Tampa Last Night

Byrdman

Roadie
The wifey like him a lot, like one of her favorites, and wanted to go so I told her I would drive her and a few friends to the concert. I'm not into pop music although there are a few of his songs I think are better than 99% of the crap out there, he did put on a hell of a show and was a very good entertainer.

There were quite a few songs he played guitar on, acoustic & electric. I asked her if I could buy a Les Paul like his for around $4K. She thought for a few seconds and told me it wouldn't make my playing any better:cry:.

Few pics from last night:
PXL_20230802_010256925.jpg

PXL_20230802_010254340.MP.jpg

PXL_20230802_011458854.MP.jpg

PXL_20230802_011411494.MP.jpg

PXL_20230802_012443957.jpg

PXL_20230802_012441067.MP.jpg

Right on man. One of the first musical productions I saw during lockdown was when Post did a bunch of Nirvana covers with his homie on bass and Travis Barker on drums. I'm not even a Nirvana fan and I thought it was awesome. Dude is talented AF, and I still go back and check that set from time to time.

Right on man. One of the first musical productions I saw during lockdown was when Post did a bunch of Nirvana covers with his homie on bass and Travis Barker on drums. I'm not even a Nirvana fan and I thought it was awesome. Dude is talented AF, and I still go back and check that set from time to time.
Yeah, I agree that Fundraiser during Covid was awesome!! I had a lot more respect for him as a musician once I saw that.

Not a huge fan, but I like a few of his songs that have been on the radio, but he seems like a cool dude regardless.
Last night he probably said 100 times that he was so thankful for everyone coming out and supporting him & his music. Really came off as a humble and cool guy. Not a huge fan either, but the wifey loves him so I guess that makes me a fan by default :rofl

Last night he probably said 100 times that he was so thankful for everyone coming out and supporting him & his music. Really came off as a humble and cool guy. Not a huge fan either, but the wifey loves him so I guess that makes me a fan by default :rofl

If Post Malone is the worst show you go to in life, you’re winning. lol

My wife has forced me to go to five Dave Matthews Band concerts, that said she has tagged along with me to six Deftones shows, so I suppose it’s a wash. :ROFLMAO:

Dave Matthews and Deftones are a winning pair of acts :love

DMB shows are worth it just to watch Carter Beauford drum :p

Agreed. Dude is a monster drummer. Their music is generally not my thing, but they are all quite excellent musicians, and it’s a super cool vibe at their shows. I’ve caught myself a couple times like “I wish they would play…” :bag:rofl

If Post Malone is the worst show you go to in life, you’re winning. lol

My wife has forced me to go to five Dave Matthews Band concerts, that said she has tagged along with me to six Deftones shows, so I suppose it’s a wash. :ROFLMAO:
I like some DMB, but some is crap too. I have not been to any of his shows, but I imagine one and done would suffice for me.

I'm trying to talk her into going to Smashing Pumpkins at the end of the month, but she said to just go with my friends. Now I wondering if she really means "go have fun and get drunk with your friends" or it's one of those "You should have made me go if you really wanted me there!" deals:idk

I like some DMB, but some is crap too. I have not been to any of his shows, but I imagine one and done would suffice for me.

I'm trying to talk her into going to Smashing Pumpkins at the end of the month, but she said to just go with my friends. Now I wondering if she really means "go have fun and get drunk with your friends" or it's one of those "You should have made me go if you really wanted me there!" deals:idk

Seen the Pumpkins four times. Always good. I saw them at the “reunion” tour a couple years back and they were really strong. So much so I walked out and thought that will be the last time I will see them, just to go out having seen them at something vaguely resembling their early peak.

My ex was a great sport (she loved C&W), not only going with me to a Dream Theater show, but also asking lots of questions about the lyric themes to Scenes From A Memory, which I was happy to explain!

So we went to a country bar, complete with Stetson hats and pressed jeans, and an announcer calling out dance moves. It was cool. And the eye candy was better than I'd ever seen at any of "my" clubs.

(Well, the New Wave clubs of the 80's did rival what I saw that night.)

As far as a guitar making you a better player..., if it inspires you enough...

Was that a Silverburst?

My ex was a great sport (she loved C&W), not only going with me to a Dream Theater show, but also asking lots of questions about the lyric themes to Scenes From A Memory, which I was happy to explain!

So we went to a country bar, complete with Stetson hats and pressed jeans, and an announcer calling out dance moves. It was cool. And the eye candy was better than I'd ever seen at any of "my" clubs.

(Well, the New Wave clubs of the 80's did rival what I saw that night.)

As far as a guitar making you a better player..., if it inspires you enough...

Was that a Silverburst?
Yes, Silverburst Custom it looked like to me.

Post Malone seems to have transitioned from "filthy hobo" to "basketball hobo."

I hate whatever he does to his vocals. Don't know if it's autotune or what but it's everything I hate about modern pop music.
In concert, to me, it did sound like autotune some, but a lot less than what you hear on the radio. Meaning it wasnt as obvious and wasnt on all songs. That modern pop seems to want to have it even if it's not needed/wanted as a voice effect.

In concert, to me, it did sound like autotune some, but a lot less than what you hear on the radio. Meaning it wasnt as obvious and wasnt on all songs. That modern pop seems to want to have it even if it's not needed/wanted as a voice effect.
Yeah. As a sound it reminds me of the connecting sound of modems or the squelch of a UHF radio. I don't understand why anyone would like it.

Seen the Pumpkins four times. Always good. I saw them at the “reunion” tour a couple years back and they were really strong. So much so I walked out and thought that will be the last time I will see them, just to go out having seen them at something vaguely resembling their early peak.
When I was living in Atlanta in 92-94, SP were cutting Siamese Dream and would announce on the alternative radio where they were playing that night and only release 100-250 tickets in very small venues. One of my co-workers would tell her boyfriend who tended bar at night to go stand in line to get us all tickets every time they payed. I probably saw them at least 20 times before that record came out and I knew all the songs before it was even released. One of those times where you were in the right place at the right time in your life. I always assumed they were getting crowd reaction feedback on the new songs they were writing for the new CD. Man, those were some good times!!

When I was living in Atlanta in 92-94, SP were cutting Siamese Dream and would announce on the alternative radio where they were playing that night and only release 100-250 tickets in very small venues. One of my co-workers would tell her boyfriend who tended bar at night to go stand in line to get us all tickets every time they payed. I probably saw them at least 20 times before that record came out and I knew all the songs before it was even released. One of those times where you were in the right place at the right time in your life. I always assumed they were getting crowd reaction feedback on the new songs they were writing for the new CD. Man, those were some good times!!

That’s awesome. I would have loved to heard some of those songs as they were being tweaked into their final form. Siamese Dream is probably my favorite album of all time. Such a brilliant album.

Back