Satchel's Rig Rundown, touring an AmpliFire 3

Without Tommy, we'd be referring to this dude as Adam Brenner still. Wtf.

Attachments

• a2017535362_65.jpg
    a2017535362_65.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7
Yeah, they sell out the venue down here regularly and the overwhelming majority of the audience is about 15 years younger than I am (in their 20’s) and the crowd response jumps between concert/comedian audience response. They won’t be going away any time soon and I’m happy for that.

If I got sick of dick and fart jokes, I’d have stopped entertaining myself about 35 years ago.
They started the band in the early 00's as Metal Skool, I was in LA back then so I've known these guys since then. It seems like 80s glam rock has been seeing a bit of a renewed interest lately, but back then, the only way to play this kind of music was to do it as a joke. So that's what they did and it worked.

All these guys are seriously great musicians though. And really good guys too boot. I'd like to see a "serious" record by them one day, that would be cool. Although it's debatable if this style of music was ever serious to begin with. It's always been tongue in cheek for the most part... But their jokes don't bother me, especially since the musicianship behind more than makes up for it.

By the way, Paul's lyrics for the Get All You Can Take chorus (and the story behind it) are great. @GuitarBilly don't forget, "lemme be your king bee, I want your hornets nest." Lol
I like pretty much all of 80s KISS. Actually I like everything KISS has done. That was the band that got me into playing so they're always going to be special for me.

I like pretty much all of 80s KISS. Actually I like everything KISS has done. That was the band that got me into playing so they're always going to be special for me.
Hell yeah! Same here. Well, actually, I find LIU to be kind of overrated trash among KISS fans. 3-4 good to great tracks, while the rest is dog shit. COTN and Animalize kick its ass for lunch money. I really like some of Gene's tracks on HITS. Vini Poncia was supposed to, I believe, come back to produce that album, but they produced it themselves to save money. That's why there is some rather odd/experimental ideas on the album at times.

There’s a video out there somewhere of Patton being asked what he thinks of pioneering nu metal, “Ohhhh no, don’t blame that sh*t on me!” :rofl :rofl :rofl

But it’s true; FNM was a huge influence on those bands and they all admit it they were huge FNM fans. Chino and Davis are both big Patton fans with them citing both FNM and Bungle as influences and the rhythm section influence of FNM sealed the rest of the nu metal deal.

This drum groove slowed down is like 3/4’s of the first two Korn albums. :ROFLMAO:

There’s a video out there somewhere of Patton being asked what he thinks of pioneering nu metal, “Ohhhh no, don’t blame that sh*t on me!” :rofl :rofl :rofl

I grew up with the Cavalera brothers ( I am originally from Brazil) and we're still good friends... so every single time I talk to one them I have to say "here comes the fathers of nu metal" and it pisses them off to no end lol

Last edited:
Back