MUST NOT LISTEN TO THROW OFF MY MUSCLE MEMORY FOR TONIGHT

Spoken like a true fanboy....
7oprh6.jpg

7oprpx.jpg

Dude, now you're just making s**t up...

Laugh it up, but Fractal lets you fine tune output transformer parameters, which is kinda nuts.

I remember specifically toying with the core saturation ("Transformer Drive") on my FM3 back then.

Last edited:
Is a Helix really considered a budget piece of equipment? I just looked and they're $1700 new? Am I missing something here?
Here’s some guitar economics for you:

There was a point in my life where a friend wanted to play me a CD and I had to hook my roommate’s discman up to my tube amp because I didn’t own a stereo.

There were these things before human kind had electricity called compact disks.
We just had to wait until electricity had been discovered and harnessed so that some one else could invent and build the CD player! ;)

Fun memory - it was 1986 and I was 16 years old, and I had just started 6th form at my school. One of my friends came into the 6th form centre with a little wired remote control hanging out of his jacket pocket.

"What's that you've got there?" I asked my friend, at which point he promptly pulled out a portable CD player to show it off, which he told me his dad had brought back from a business trip to the US as a present.

I'd never even seen a CD player before, let alone a portable one, so this seemed like the future had suddenly arrived, but it all came crashing down when I asked to have a quick listen to it, and my friend said:

"You can't listen to it, because I don't have any CDs to play on it..."

Last edited:
Yeah I know what CD’s are. I even know what records are too. I’m trying to figure out how your weird comment pertains to modelers.
Sorry, it all made sense to the voices in my head yesterday.

I think statements about whether something is “budget” or not are very relative in the guitar world. Compared to a custom made rack and midi board, a Helix is the “budget” option. But for some people, the couple hundred dollars difference with the FAS products makes Helix the budget option. Guitarists are funny.

And on top of that I’m always entertained that many of us are (or have been) close to destitute, but still hold on to thousands of dollars worth of gear.

TRIGGERED: God I hate the phrase fan boy. It's only use is to be inflammatory.

One word that needs to be erased forever is (insert product name here) fanboy. Individuals have sh*tty takes. Not products or entire user bases. These dickheads need to be ignored because they don't represent anything but their own insecurity. I've only used Fractal for the last 15 years. I have no interest in anything else. But I, like the vast majority of any user base don't care what anyone else uses. Those who NEED to have their choices supported by everyone should not be used as a representation of any user base.
It’s understandable. Fish are triggered when they are called wet because they don’t realize they are.

TRIGGERED: God I hate the phrase fan boy. It's only use is to be inflammatory.

One word that needs to be erased forever is (insert product name here) fanboy. Individuals have sh*tty takes. Not products or entire user bases. These dickheads need to be ignored because they don't represent anything but their own insecurity. I've only used Fractal for the last 15 years. I have no interest in anything else. But I, like the vast majority of any user base don't care what anyone else uses. Those who NEED to have their choices supported by everyone should not be used as a representation of any user base.

Yup x 1000. When someone resorts to cliches and outdated inflammatory rhetoric it is a huge tell that they
have run out of intelligent points to make. :LOL:

Back