Rival Sons' Scott Holiday on going full Helix

Is a Helix really considered a budget piece of equipment? I just looked and they're $1700 new? Am I missing something here?
Not at all. They have cheaper options but the HX floor and rack is priced where it should be compared to the rest of the options in that same bracket.

In all seriousness The FM9 I had for a spell edged out my Helix LT in only 1 category and for my use it wasn't even close enough to replace the LT for live playing which is 95+ percent of what I use a modeler for. Yes that category was overall tone but I mean really if I had to put a percent on it, maybe 10% better. Factoring in everything else I need, it wasn't a hard decision to keep the LT instead of the FM9. I could have just kept it but when you talk about people suffering from option anxiety, I can be the King of it. I need to have just one main unit.

Is a Helix really considered a budget piece of equipment? I just looked and they're $1700 new? Am I missing something here?
We could always charge more. :idk

No, seriously. Price perception is a deeeeep rabbit hole and the holy grail would be building something that's really cheap to develop/make but appears expensive to develop/make, so you can make stupid high margins. Really difficult to do in MI, as parts/labor/shipping tends to be pretty transparent, but some companies (Line 6 and Fractal excluded) seem to pull it off.

In some cases, increasing a product's cost—even after launch—can cause Joe Schmo to believe it's "more professional" <eye roll> and sales go UP... so revenue goes way up. It's weird.

I’ve got an AxeFX III and an FM9, currently on a spending hold because I’m broke! :rofl (And not from buying the Fractal units!)

Fractal fanboys think it’s $399 like it’s an old pod. They can’t bring themselves to imagine that people actually prefer Helix, it must be that those people don’t have as much money as the fractal fanboys so they settled for Helix…

D
TRIGGERED: God I hate the phrase fan boy. It's only use is to be inflammatory.

One word that needs to be erased forever is (insert product name here) fanboy. Individuals have shitty takes. Not products or entire user bases. These dickheads need to be ignored because they don't represent anything but their own insecurity. I've only used Fractal for the last 15 years. I have no interest in anything else. But I, like the vast majority of any user base don't care what anyone else uses. Those who NEED to have their choices supported by everyone should not be used as a representation of any user base.

One word that needs to be erased forever is (insert product name here) fanboy. Individuals have sh*tty takes. Not products or entire user bases. These dickheads need to be ignored because they don't represent anything but their own insecurity. I've only used Fractal for the last 15 years. I have no interest in anything else. But I, like the vast majority of any user base don't care what anyone else uses. Those who NEED to have their choices supported by everyone should not be used as a representation of any user base.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

One word that needs to be erased forever is (insert product name here) fanboy. Individuals have sh*tty takes. Not products or entire user bases. These dickheads need to be ignored because they don't represent anything but their own insecurity. I've only used Fractal for the last 15 years. I have no interest in anything else. But I, like the vast majority of any user base don't care what anyone else uses. Those who NEED to have their choices supported by everyone should not be used as a representation of any user base.

We can erase fanboy if we also agree to erase “edge of breakup”.

Hbo Negotiation GIF by SuccessionHBO

D

I use "fanboi" so...

fist shake GIF

Back