Reverb - Delay Pedal Order

Depends on the reverb? E.g. a plate or room treatment would go last, typically, but a spring would be immediately after the amp/ amp block. (Or right after the preamp if that's an option.) Unless you're going for the surf thing, in which case it would go (probably immediately) before.

My standard template has three delays ( ahead of the reverbs)

I use ducking fwiw

My first delay /go to is a stereo tape delay; usually 1/4 tempo.

And #2 parallel, sits in reverse running dotted 1/8ths.

#3 is Multiplex delay for leads, which is also parallel.

Occasionally I switch to something like the fas carbon copy in front of the amplifier to get that strong gritty vibe going.

I need to go play with those big cloud reverbs more; it’s something I really want to do but never do.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

I dig the big cloud reverbs but I’m not a big fan of the shimmery stuff. They need to sound more evil and brooding than all light-beaming-out-of-unicorn’s-anus.

You use that in mono or stereo and where are you placing it, in front of the amp or the loop?
I used to have it in stereo but now run mono into the fx loop of my BluGuitar Amp 1 Mercury Edition. Amp 1 fx send -> Gigrig Wetter Box input -> Volante/Nightsky in parallel -> Gigrig -> Amp 1 fx return.

I had a setup where I was running one side to Amp 1 -> 4x10 and one side to Victory VC35 -> 1x12 but balancing the volumes on the amps and dealing with the different loop levels was a big issue. It did sound huge though!

If I were to do a stereo setup now I'd use a stereo poweramp instead.

I run delay and reverb in parallel most of the time. It adds complexity to my presets that I sometimes wish I could ditch, but I just don’t like them in serial for most things. Every time I try to run them serial it’s delay into verb, but it doesn’t last long and I put them back in parallel.

D

Back