Reactive Load Box Comparisons

His facial expression concerns me though...:unsure:

I'll watch when I get in front of my monitors. Thank you sir!

Has anybody used the JHS Blackbox?

You just run it through an FX loop, its passive, and there's no power attenuating whatsoever.
I use one through an EVH LBX ii and its mind blowing what is accomplishes.

Has anybody used the JHS Blackbox?

You just run it through an FX loop, its passive, and there's no power attenuating whatsoever.
I use one through an EVH LBX ii and its mind blowing what is accomplishes.
That's one very expensive potentiometer-in-a-box
20160214010137.jpg

Man, I need to buy a load box. I keep getting side tracked with delay pedals when I have 3 devices that make some of the best delays on the planet when I want to turn my amps on past 9pm, damnit!

Seems like the only options for Load box + attenuator is either the Two Notes or Fryette (HOLY SHIT AUTOCORRECT I SPELLED IT 10 FUCKING TIMES I DO NOT MEAN FAYETVILLE)?

I have a Fryette PS-100. It is a good unit. I watched the first video and saw it came in third. Spoiler, in the beginning of the second video he explains something about it and it then moved to #1. I have not been able to get through the rest of the second video yet. I saw it far enough that it showed some strange curves with a speaker connected and am up to where he starts to explain why. I think I know where he is going to go with that knowing how the unit works.

Man, I need to buy a load box. I keep getting side tracked with delay pedals when I have 3 devices that make some of the best delays on the planet when I want to turn my amps on past 9pm, damnit!

Seems like the only options for Load box + attenuator is either the Two Notes or Fryette (HOLY SHIT AUTOCORRECT I SPELLED IT 10 FUCKING TIMES I DO NOT MEAN FAYETVILLE)?
I have two Rivera Rockcrushers... Reactive loadbox + attenuator and work fine for what I need

I am not on to video 3. He has 5 in the series. The PS is holding it's spot... I am interested in where he goes from here.

I have the TAE. I am very satisfied with it. BOSS always feels solid and does exactly what it says it does.

Last edited:
React IR also has an attenuator.

Or you could run the loaded down signal from any load box into the fx return of one of your amps. I’d swerve the two notes stuff personally

React IR also has an attenuator.

Or you could run the loaded down signal from any load box into the fx return of one of your amps. I’d swerve the two notes stuff personally

I mainly just want to be able to run amps into my AxeFX for DynaCabs/IR’s and be able to track with it, but also want the attenuator for couch jamming. I should have explained that better in my post.

Doesn’t the React have an odd sound to it when using it with IR’s?

I mainly just want to be able to run amps into my AxeFX for DynaCabs/IR’s and be able to track with it, but also want the attenuator for couch jamming. I should have explained that better in my post.

Doesn’t the React have an odd sound to it when using it with IR’s?
Dude; try that headphone out on the 5150. I am constantly amazed at how much fun it is, even with a "non-ideal" cab emulation baked it. Good stuff \m/

I just ran through my tele and strat and V and it's a blast \m/ Watch the presence on it as it's pretty bitey with that cab emulation but it's still a good time.

Every time I turn that amp on I find more reasons to love it and I’m starting to think I’d love it even more if I had 3 different channels instead of 2 shared channels!

Every time I turn that amp on I find more reasons to love it and I’m starting to think I’d love it even more if I had 3 different channels instead of 2 shared channels!
With this particular cab; the green channel is definitely in need of its own eq. At least how I like to run the blue. But blue/red is. :chef

With this particular cab; the green channel is definitely in need of its own eq. At least how I like to run the blue. But blue/red is. :chef

It’s barely passable with the EVH cab. If I weren’t using an SD-1 to boost the Blue channel, I wouldn’t be able to use it for both a lead and a clean channel. The Red channel is too awesome to not use for rhythms.

But the damn 100 watt heads don’t have MIDI!!!!! WTF DUDE! :rofl

Back