Suhr Reactive Load vs St. Rock React:IR vs real cabs (Mesa 2x12, Mesa 4x12, ENGL 1x12) - measured through Behringer GI100 DI box

2dor

Roadie
Since I got the Behringer GI100 Ultra-G direct box, I figured I'd try and re-measure the frequency response of my loadboxes and cabs all through this DI.

I shot sweeps into the FX Return of each amp (all sweeps for each amp had the same level) then normalized all reamped signals to 0 dB in Reaper before deconvolving.

The reamp chain I used:

MOTU M4 [LineOut] -> Signal Art Reamp [TS] -> FX Return of Amp [TS] -> Behringer GI100 -> Cab / Loadbox [TS]
....................................................................................................................................................... Behringer GI100 -> MOTU M4 [XLR mic in]

I "measured" the Suhr Reactive load twice because I suspected to see some differences in the low-end (and that is valid):
- once through its native XLR line out going to one of my MOTU M4 line inputs
- once just hooked up as a load to the Behringer GI100 (using the above reamp chain)

Here's how the plots look through my Ceriatone Chupacabra 50W:

- dBFS scale

1709282848256.jpeg

- SPL scale

1709282885485.jpeg

Here's how the plots look through my Ceriatone King Kong 100W:

- dBFS scale

1709282942005.jpeg

- SPL scale

1709282963613.jpeg

What I've also noticed from another round of measurements is that the React:IR can get very close to my Mesa 4x12 OS Straight cab depending on the loudness of the signal I sweep through the FX loop of the amp.

Back