Rabea Guitars
Or
Massad Guitars
The rumour is Schecter or EBMM
But see that’s my issue if this is true
And he is in negotiations or made a deal , don’t come out and say

I need to go on my own and make it appear like Chapman stifled your creativity
Be honest I am going with Schecter
They are a more visible brand internationally and can get my guitars in more peoples hands and it’s a better thing for me to do for myself and my fans
That I could have respected not this whiny sad , I need to leave the nest but friends are the most important thing

I'll be honest, I'm not a big follower of YouTube people, BUT I do really like Schecter, I do really like Rob Scallon's sig, and I do think he's a good player who seems like a nice guy. He's also somewhat of a hometown guy.

YouTube decided to let me know that Phil McKnight dwelled on the subject of artists leaving Chapman Guitars.

TL;DR: he (obviously) doesn't know "why", but points out that the incentive is pretty much always economic, and has to do with contracts and royalties advance payments and/or poor sales.

Last edited:
I’ve always liked him. Personality and content. But i always remind myself… damn… he is more “content creator” than a musician at this point, and that’s where I think things become weird. I feel old in that sense. And a little ashamed that I never, ever since he started to show up with Rob and Andertons, once bothered to even listen to his music….

But anyway… amongst all the nonsense of content creating madness and social media, he is one of those I kinda admire for the personality and seemingly honest opinions (even though I know he sometimes is a puppet of brands).

Whatever he does I hope he keeps his feet in the ground.

An example of weirdness of content creating in the music/gear oriented theme.
This was enough to make me unsubscribe.

It’s just… wtf man… bla bla bla about a freaking introduction word. Yeeeez. These people actually get so up in their own content that they obsess about meaningless things.
But on the other hand… I have no understanding about it.. probably the algo, views, likes, subs that eventually make them all crazy…

Actually, in Ryan’s defense he himself has said the algorithm is a b*tch. If you don’t upload enough, yer fukt.
I like Ryan…
I just get so tired of the…. Ugh… I just generally keep my subs really low and make sure that what hits me is what I really want to see.

I’ll sub him again… haha.. kinda regret unsubscribing :ROFLMAO: :facepalm

I like Ryan…
I just get so tired of the…. Ugh… I just generally keep my subs really low and make sure that what hits me is what I really want to see.

I’ll sub him again… haha.. kinda regret unsubscribing :ROFLMAO: :facepalm
I’m friends with him on FB. I think he’s a nice guy, and I agree with him politically, so that always helps 😂

The rumour is Schecter or EBMM
But see that’s my issue if this is true
And he is in negotiations or made a deal , don’t come out and say

I need to go on my own and make it appear like Chapman stifled your creativity
Be honest I am going with Schecter
They are a more visible brand internationally and can get my guitars in more peoples hands and it’s a better thing for me to do for myself and my fans
That I could have respected not this whiny sad , I need to leave the nest but friends are the most important thing

Eh I don’t see that at all. His career was pretty much built with Rob Chapman in a few ways. Videos at Andertons, the band they were in together, and the signature models with Chapman. He’s the most prominent artist with the brand so leaving them is very noticeable. And lord knows there’s controversy any time something happens with Rob.

I saw it as a very visible “I’m leaving and there’s no hard feelings” thing. It’s pretty obvious he can get a bigger endorsement deal with either more money or better instruments or mainstream press. He’s not going to make a video saying he’s leaving Chapman guitars because someone else is going to pay him more money.

My guess is something is happening behind the scenes…
behind the scenes si swimsuit GIF by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

Eh I don’t see that at all. His career was pretty much built with Rob Chapman in a few ways. Videos at Andertons, the band they were in together, and the signature models with Chapman. He’s the most prominent artist with the brand so leaving them is very noticeable. And lord knows there’s controversy any time something happens with Rob.

He's definitely a much bigger name than Chapman Guitars these days. Pretty incredible for a Youtuber, but the guy is unarguably a monster player.

So my $.02…

It makes no financial sense for Rebea to stay with Chapman. Rob is poison ever since that KDH thing and the online kerfuffle.

Outside of just helping his bro, there’s no benefit. Now he makes this video strictly for clicks I assume. With no announcement of where he’s actually going, it’s literally just for speculative clicks.

This is a GREAT video about the "internet guitarist" conundrum

He doesn't seem to understand the trade off. Being an internet musician in this day and age necessarily means creating enough content to keep people coming back. This has the knock on effect of lowering the quality, and ending up with throwaway content that does not stand the test of time. There is a reason that rock and metal is steeped in tradition and history - it stands the test of time, is multi generational, and is valued for its soul, heart, energy, and passion.

Very few people are going to back to one of his videos in 10 or 20 years time to re-experience it. And arguably that is just as true for their music as well, because they don't spend the time to truly craft their music into the aural equivalent of this:

1672592076879.png

"This script took me fucking ages to write" - erm... no it didn't. If it did, then that is pretty piss poor let's be honest. Making your average Youtube guitarist video takes no more than 18 hours end to end.

This all ties into a wider movement with art, to completely devalue and discredit itself.

Watch this for more insight:

This is a GREAT video about the "internet guitarist" conundrum

Hell, if I could make music/guitar-based videos all day and that became my main source of income, I’d quit my job and do it in a heartbeat. I don’t fault the guys who endorse tons of sh*t, even when they’re switching companies nonstop because they’re finding a way to make a living doing what they love. I’m sure they don’t love every aspect of it; I’d imagine telling a company you’re not signing again is similar to giving your 2-week notice at a job you don’t hate because you found a better paying one. I’ve always felt guilty when doing that.

My issue with the YouTubers is the clickbait/algorithm stuff. I keep hearing that the algorithm basically demands the stupid thumbnails, I’d like to get clarification on this: if one’s mouth is not hanging open, does ”the algorithm” not display the video in as many feeds?

There’s always going to be some aspect of ‘the game‘ to play when there’s money being made, even in a job you love, I just wonder how much of the game is self-imposed and how much is legit on YouTube. IE- does the algorithm actually filter OUT videos without stupid thumbnails, or is it just an excuse YouTubers give so they can keep posting the same stupid sh*t because they’re worried it might not get as many views?

There would have to be some kind of AI/facial recognition being used to detect a wide open mouth and it just seems really f*cking stupid that some people working at YouTube made a conscious decision “We really only want thumbnails with surprised faces. Ok, someone write the code; we’re going to limit the amount of spread on videos on videos without open-mouth thumbnails.” This just doesn’t seem logical to me when everyone gets paid by view count.

Some videos, like the one swede posted above, from an outside who doesn’t watch that channel it can certainly seem way too self-important to give a flying f*ck about, but I suppose he’s got a few regular viewers who find it interesting. I don’t mind when Ola discusses things he wants to do with his channel as I’ve got an interest in it and generally watch the majority of what he puts out, so I can see others doing the same, while those particular vids don’t mean a damn thing to any non-regular viewers.

Kinda rambling here, overall, I just have my doubts about ”the algorithm” demanding dumbass thumbnails and hot takes. And if tha’s the case, then there’s all the proof we need that the dumbing down of the people in the world is a legit thing.

Hell, if I could make music/guitar-based videos all day and that became my main source of income, I’d quit my job and do it in a heartbeat. I don’t fault the guys who endorse tons of sh*t, even when they’re switching companies nonstop because they’re finding a way to make a living doing what they love. I’m sure they don’t love every aspect of it; I’d imagine telling a company you’re not signing again is similar to giving your 2-week notice at a job you don’t hate because you found a better paying one. I’ve always felt guilty when doing that.

My issue with the YouTubers is the clickbait/algorithm stuff. I keep hearing that the algorithm basically demands the stupid thumbnails, I’d like to get clarification on this: if one’s mouth is not hanging open, does ”the algorithm” not display the video in as many feeds?

There’s always going to be some aspect of ‘the game‘ to play when there’s money being made, even in a job you love, I just wonder how much of the game is self-imposed and how much is legit on YouTube. IE- does the algorithm actually filter OUT videos without stupid thumbnails, or is it just an excuse YouTubers give so they can keep posting the same stupid sh*t because they’re worried it might not get as many views?

There would have to be some kind of AI/facial recognition being used to detect a wide open mouth and it just seems really f*cking stupid that some people working at YouTube made a conscious decision “We really only want thumbnails with surprised faces. Ok, someone write the code; we’re going to limit the amount of spread on videos on videos without open-mouth thumbnails.” This just doesn’t seem logical to me when everyone gets paid by view count.

Some videos, like the one swede posted above, from an outside who doesn’t watch that channel it can certainly seem way too self-important to give a flying f*ck about, but I suppose he’s got a few regular viewers who find it interesting. I don’t mind when Ola discusses things he wants to do with his channel as I’ve got an interest in it and generally watch the majority of what he puts out, so I can see others doing the same, while those particular vids don’t mean a damn thing to any non-regular viewers.

Kinda rambling here, overall, I just have my doubts about ”the algorithm” demanding dumbass thumbnails and hot takes. And if tha’s the case, then there’s all the proof we need that the dumbing down of the people in the world is a legit thing.
as with anything...when it becomes about creating revenue, that's when the bullshit starts. doesn't matter what the underlying product or service is, unless the actual product or service is all about making revenue and profit. otherwise, it just corrupts the whole underlying product or service because the motivation and incentive is now misaligned.

not to be THAT GUY, but that's the whole "for the love of money is the root of all evil" thing...

money itself isn't bad, but the pursuit of it is never a good thing.

I'll give you another example .... I was researching an audio interface earlier on. Several things got my goat. One guy made an hour long "deep dive" for an audio interface I was interested in.

In an hour, he didn't once talk about latency statistics, or measure anything. He just talked about how you could plug a guitar into it. It's like... WE KNOW THAT MOTHERFUCKER!! THERE'S A FUCKING GUITAR LOGO ABOVE THE INPUT!!!

Another guy.... was criticizing the Focusrite Scarlett interface meters. They are mini meters, which give you an LED for -42, -18, -6, and -3dB and 0dB measurements. He was saying they're not accurate and he wouldn't use them for metering.

..... what... like audio engineers have been doing FOR 50+ YEARS!?!?!

My problem with a lot of these guys is they position themselves as experts in order to generate a fanbase, they put out erroneous or just ill thought out content, and then farm the internet for clicks, pouring as much money into their advertising and marketing as possible.

And they get basic shit wrong.

I'll give you another example .... I was researching an audio interface earlier on. Several things got my goat. One guy made an hour long "deep dive" for an audio interface I was interested in.

In an hour, he didn't once talk about latency statistics, or measure anything. He just talked about how you could plug a guitar into it. It's like... WE KNOW THAT m*****f****r!! THERE'S A f*****g GUITAR LOGO ABOVE THE INPUT!!!

Another guy.... was criticizing the Focusrite Scarlett interface meters. They are mini meters, which give you an LED for -42, -18, -6, and -3dB and 0dB measurements. He was saying they're not accurate and he wouldn't use them for metering.

..... what... like audio engineers have been doing FOR 50+ YEARS!?!?!

My problem with a lot of these guys is they position themselves as experts in order to generate a fanbase, they put out erroneous or just ill thought out content, and then farm the internet for clicks, pouring as much money into their advertising and marketing as possible.

And they get basic s**t wrong.
yep...totally agree. the titles are clickbait and nothing else.

Back