Purging all my gear and getting an Axe FX 3

I've been enjoying the Brit 800 and Brit 800 Mod a lot recently too. Instant AC/DC or Priest!

I've been trying to find the right higher gain match for the Brit 800. Cycled through the 5153 Blue, Friedman BE/HBE channels, Atomica High, and Cameron CCV 2A. Biggest thing is finding a voice that's not night and day and doesn't have overwhelming highs or lows.

Also been trying a few real drive pedals out front and that's interesting. Generally the Axe 3 with the Brit 800 takes pedals really well although some of the high gain ones aren't as nice.

I've been trying to find the right higher gain match for the Brit 800.

Also been trying a few real drive pedals out front and that's interesting. Generally the Axe 3 with the Brit 800 takes pedals really well ...

Check out the BB Preamp, both the pedal and the drive block. It's my go to pedal for increasing Marshall type gain with any tube amp. The drive block works very well in a similar fashion with the Axe III if used in moderation.

Xotic%20BB%20Preamp-2.jpg

Check out the BB Preamp, both the pedal and the drive block. It's my go to pedal for increasing Marshall type gain with any tube amp. The drive block works very well in a similar fashion with the Axe III if used in moderation.

Yes that one got reworked recently and it along with the Andy Timmons are great for boosting
Also the Klon and Maxon are great as well

Love both the BB’s in the Fractal, especially the Timmons one. That pushing an amp on the edge of breakup is some of the best Strat tones I’ve gotten yet.

Forgot about this one that I actually used back in the day with a Marshall DSL 50...the Fulltone OCD! I remember I had the pedal and HATED it through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but into a Marshall it was killer. More aggressive and raunchy than your average overdrive.

Always OCD :satan

I'm a little bit tempted to swing back to the store today and see if they still have the used OCD for sale for $129. I forgot they are now out of business. It's like a throwback to 2008 when they were all the rage.

I'm a little bit tempted to swing back to the store today and see if they still have the used OCD for sale for $129. I forgot they are now out of business. It's like a throwback to 2008 when they were all the rage.
The OCD clone I grabbed is :chef

Forgot about this one that I actually used back in the day with a Marshall DSL 50...the Fulltone OCD! I remember I had the pedal and HATED it through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but into a Marshall it was killer. More aggressive and raunchy than your average overdrive.
Ya Blake Mansfield who I watch his amp demos uses that one and it a killer have you tried York audio Gift of tone he has a DSL cloned try that with the fractal OCD in front and see if it gets those vibes

Back