Post something from "way back when"...

Thanks. That's me. The one bonus of being forced out of playing Electric is
it made me learn how to do other things. or, at the very least, try.

Funny story. A band I was in in 1989-91 or so used to turn my Mic off at the
board because I was such an horrific background/harmony singer. So I would
stand there and mouth into the Mic, but nothing came out of the FOH. :facepalm

Talk about embarassing! Lit a fire under my ass, though. :LOL:
Love your vocals.(y)
I sing a little, but i'm no lead singer.

Thanks. That's me. The one bonus of being forced out of playing Electric is
it made me learn how to try and do other things.

Funny story. A band I was in in 1989-91 or so used to turn my Mic off at the
board because I was such an horrific background/harmony singer. So I would
stand there and mouth into the Mic, but nothing came out of the FOH. :facepalm

Talk about embarassing! Lit a fire under my ass, though. :LOL:
My first gigging cover band did a bunch of modern rock covers
:barf

Other guitarist didn't know basic chord names or the chromatic scale and wouldn't show me the songs I couldn't learn by ear (because I couldn't bring myself to listen to them because i hated that garbage with every fiber of my being). He would also not ever fully face me when he knew I had a question. He was a dickface.

Consequently; I did A LOT of air guitaring to Seether in my time with that band:whistle

My first gigging cover band did a bunch of modern rock covers
:barf

Other guitarist didn't know basic chord names or the chromatic scale and wouldn't show me the songs I couldn't learn by ear (because I couldn't bring myself to listen to them because i hated that garbage with every fiber of my being). He would also not ever fully face me when he knew I had a question. He was a dickface.

Consequently; I did A LOT of air guitaring to Seether in my time with that band:whistle

WT actual F!?! :horse

Asshole musicians are the worst kind of assholes. I never understood people not working
together for the greater good as a band. Geez, be a team player dude! :facepalm

Don't hate me for playing a lot of Seether in my days. :sofa

:rofl

Not into posting any of my rehashed cover stuff. I have some unfinished (thats all I have now) stuff on youtube from 10+ years ago though. All scratch tracks.

and this one I pretty much wrote but didnt play on the studio recording

All stuff I pretty much get a chuckle out of nowadays.

Love it Bob! Didn't know you had a dark side to you.:grin

WT actual F!?! :horse

Asshole musicians are the worst kind of assholes. I never understood people not working
together for the greater good as a band. Geez, be a team player dude! :facepalm

Don't hate me for playing a lot of Seether in my days. :sofa

:rofl
I played Nickelback and Foos songs just fine. Not sure wtf it was about Seether ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl

I played Nickelback
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

This is from my Unplugged Period. Hurt myself pretty bad in 1992-3 and ended up
having to give up Electric Guitar completely. So I strummed Cowboy Chords and
wrote songs for 10 years or so. This is from the tale end of that time period around

Very “ECM”. 👍❤️🙏

Great vox!

I can't figure out how to post a cassette. :facepalm Maybe I can figure out how to get it onto something digital, but what it is is a song I wrote for my wife at the time, and played it at our wedding, just me and an acoustic.

And I asked my buddies to send me their copy of a demo we did back in the 90's. (I've lost mine to a computer crash!) If they come through, I'll post it. It's an acoustic 3-piece, and one of the songs is Hey You, which turned out really well! Bass player even played a fretless.

I can't figure out how to post a cassette. :facepalm Maybe I can figure out how to get it onto something digital, but what it is is a song I wrote for my wife at the time, and played it at our wedding, just me and an acoustic.

And I asked my buddies to send me their copy of a demo we did back in the 90's. (I've lost mine to a computer crash!) If they come through, I'll post it. It's an acoustic 3-piece, and one of the songs is Hey You, which turned out really well! Bass player even played a fretless.

Geez dude..... were you not nervous and anxious enough that you had to add singing a song to the mix?? :idk

:LOL:

Hope you find it. Would love to hear it. :beer

Back