Post a photo from your last gig

spawnofthesith

Shredder
Fun thread at the other place. Lets see y'all!

Last night:
index.php

I’ve posted my old Mesa rig a bunch already, let’s dive back to my teen years-

642F2930-CFC4-431B-A49A-BF1DC30F71F4.jpeg

Coming out of my Vai fanboy days, I was in a nu-metal band called Effusionz ( :ROFLMAO: ) I’m 18 or 19 here, 2001.

Carvin Legacy half-stack
Bad Horsie*
MIJ DS-1
Whammy II
EBMM Volume

On the Legacy head I had a 31-band EQ I’d use to drop the mids and turn that amp in a chug machine, there’s an old Digitech RDS-1900 I used for delay and like a half-assed attentuator because I’d crank the sh*t out of amp then lower the output on the Digitech, man I miss that rig. Used the Whammy for all my chorus back then, too. There‘s a little bell footswitch on the board I used to turn the delay on/off and I’d switch the EQ in/out with the amp’s footswitch.

Guitar was an RG7620….actually, I remember this show quite well because a week before we started tuning to drop A, then I show up at that show and the bassist and other guitarist tell me they tuned to drop B and I HAD to tune to drop B with them because they were worried our singers (we had a squeaker who thought he was a screamer and a rapper) wouldn’t sing in key. :rofl:rofl:roflThey never f*ckin’ did anyway!!!! I had about 20 minutes to tune that guitar UP a whole step without changing strings and nothing to adjust the trem springs with, that LoPro was allllll jacked up and I was pissed. I might have quit the band after that gig, actually.

how do you like the space echo?

Absolutely love it, one of my favorite if not the favorite delay I’ve had the pleasure of owning

What I use in practicality on it is fairly simple but it’s nice having so many options. I typically use heads 1 and 2 dotted eighth note setting (requires updating the pedal to get dotted 8th) the sound on everything is really nice. Warp hold is a lot of fun for psyche freak outs. It has midi sync so it’s all always in time with our click without having to tap

I often end up using my Engl at shows too which doesn’t have reverb so when I take thst amp out I set up my presets and the manual position so that I just leave it on the whole tkme and switching the mode just cycles through duplicate presets alternating between my standard delay and just reverb

Killer pedal, worth every penny

Absolutely love it, one of my favorite if not the favorite delay I’ve had the pleasure of owning

What I use in practicality on it is fairly simple but it’s nice having so many options. I typically use heads 1 and 2 dotted eighth note setting (requires updating the pedal to get dotted 8th) the sound on everything is really nice. Warp hold is a lot of fun for psyche freak outs. It has midi sync so it’s all always in time with our click without having to tap

I often end up using my Engl at shows too which doesn’t have reverb so when I take thst amp out I set up my presets and the manual position so that I just leave it on the whole tkme and switching the mode just cycles through duplicate presets alternating between my standard delay and just reverb

Killer pedal, worth every penny
I think the reverb on the pedal has a very brittle thing that I cant dial out. I like having the pedal, but it wouldn’t be my first and only delay, personally. It is its own thing but said thing is a love it or hate it thing. I just gave my 2nd one away to a friend. I still have a second baby brother one (the regular boss sized pedal one, I forget the model number).

I think the reverb on the pedal has a very brittle thing that I cant dial out. I like having the pedal, but it wouldn’t be my first and only delay, personally. It is its own thing but said thing is a love it or hate it thing. I just gave my 2nd one away to a friend. I still have a second baby brother one (the regular boss sized pedal one, I forget the model number).

Did you try any of the other reverb modes? You can change the reverb type if you “menu dive” I changed it to one of the other modes a while back, can’t remember which one

Did you try any of the other reverb modes? You can change the reverb type if you “menu dive” I changed it to one of the other modes a while back, can’t remember which one
I did. They all seem to have this high end brittleness I couldn’t seem to dial out. Probably the way the original is too. It was a particular sound. The preamp always on adds something nice too.

Last Aussie forum gear day/jam pre-covid. How time flies. I've just had a shoulder reconstruction, months away from playing:mad:

Put a WDW rig together and took it there for giggles. Was very educational as once the jamming started (drummer and bass elsewhere in the room), it worked better mono straight into the front of the Dragon/Quad/no-FX. The Mkiii on the left became mine about 12 months later. That's me in the middle with the '91 RG, head-down concentrating on my shoelaces.

FLkBsXX.jpg

o8i0ahh.jpg

This one is not exactly recent, some years back. But it's only 1 of a few pics I have currently.
Think I was running into my '71 twin reverb, few choice pedals and my '96 tele. And making a weird lip pucker kinda face. lol

WoVb10b.jpg

Back