Peavey Bandit

James Freeman

Rock Star
When your tube amp explodes and your modeler bricks, Peavey Bandit will save your neck.
Everyone has one.

gqdvltymboyti4czg.jpg

Playthrough:

Gut shots:
Peavey-Bandit-Red-Stripe-Guts.jpg

Peavey-Bandit-Red-Stripe-Guts-2.jpg

Last edited:
We had one in the band room at high school, whenever I didn’t want to bring my own amp in I’d play through that. I used to put my DS-1 in front of it and got a pretty decent tone with it, enough to bust out Metallica riffs until the band instructor would come in and bitch me out.

That's awesome. The Bandit can get pretty darn heavy through the right cab and with some good pickups. It might have been everywhere but I think it was severely underrated overall.

This thread makes me want a Peavey Bandit head. The cheapskate goldilocks in me is strong :hmm

Go for Peavey XXL head, it's the same thing but better in every way.
There are few on Reverb right now that are very fairly priced.
IIRC @DrewJD82 had one for years.

edit:
PS.
Peavey TransTube are by no means anywhere close to a tube amp sound like any modern modeler can do.
They sounds like a good 90's solid state amp, which is exactly what they are.

My was peavey that looked like a tweed 1x10 combo or something. It had distortion! I was really proud about it. Learned my first guitar chords with it, it was all rage against the machine :p

My first amp was a peavey stereo chorus 2x12. I got it home from Sam Ash 48th street in NYC on the subway in 1990. Played my first gigs with that amp. Heart goes out to Peavey.
I hear prisoners used to build their amps in some kind of early release program but I can’t confirm that.

Back