Peavey Bandit

Because it sounds good, and it's cheap. Same reason I want one, lol.
I bet it would power an EVH, Orange and HK cabinet if you daisy chain them just right :satan

i have an old supreme 160 which i thought was the bandit in a head? i havent played it in a long while, maybe ill dust it off today

OL0zhWb.jpeg

Has some great tones in there. I love my red stripe. How did you cut it down? Did you have to use a special blade? I really want to do mine but I am terrible with saws. I do have a circular saw but every plank I practiced on still came out crooked so I'm afraid Dimmy.

i have an old supreme 160 which i thought was the bandit in a head? i havent played it in a long while, maybe ill dust it off today

OL0zhWb.jpeg
LOVE it! Does that BC weigh 117lbs like it looks like it does? :rofl Black switch is :chef

LOVE it! Does that BC weigh 117lbs like it looks like it does? :rofl Black switch is :chef

thats probably literally the heaviest rig one could put together. id guess the bc has to weigh 15lbs at least and the supreme i wouldnt be surprised if its 75, half the reason i dont play it much is i fear its too heavy for my amp rack, just ridiculous. im not sure i ever even recorded the thing, im gonna bust it out later

• Mind Blown
Reactions: JT
How did you cut it down? Did you have to use a special blade?

Measure and draw a pen line where to cut.
Cut the line with a utility knife and removed the bottom tolex, now you clearly see the cut line.
Cut the wood with a standard jigsaw, preferably with a side guide.
Add a plywood bottom painted black and shape the wooden corners with a fine saw and sandpaper so the original plastic corner guards fit.
Oh and you have to partially remove the front grille cloth, then staple it back when you're done cutting.
It did require some planning, preparation, power tools and a few spare hours, I would not recommend trying if you've never done wood work.

Measure and draw a pen line where to cut.
Cut the line with a utility knife and removed the bottom tolex, now you clearly see the cut line.
Cut the wood with a standard jigsaw, preferably with a side guide.
Add a plywood bottom painted black and shape the wooden corners with a fine saw and sandpaper so the original plastic corner guards fit.
Oh and you have to partially remove the front grille cloth, then staple it back when you're done cutting.
It did require some planning, preparation, power tools and a few spare hours, I would not recommend trying if you've never done wood work.
Looks great- really clean job!

BTW, this playthrough video was a first attempt to capture video form my Android phone camera using DroidCam OBS app via USB and audio from my DAW (IR) using the Loopback option of the audio interface, both captured live in OBS.
The phone was held by a mic clip on a mic stand and the audio was a DI box in parallel with the Cab into the DAW where I applied an IR.

Back