Palmer Supreme Soaker Attenuator

Cool Down Benjamin Flores Jr GIF by Nickelodeon

You can grab them from a thread at VGuitarforums last I knew?

Ah, thanks, will have a look!
Not that I wouldn't have more than enough IRs, but as I liked the Boss cabs on my GT-1000 testrun, I'd like to hear what they sound like outside of the Boss universe.

Are they true, real, reflection free IRs? :rawk :grin :grin :grin
I use the flat mic IRs and trick myself into thinking there isn't a baked in microphone eq curve being applied
:rollsafe
They're probably just some dumb eq curve

Not sure. I use the x-modded flat at 0 mixed with the x modded 421 at 5. It definitely homogenizes everything but it works for my ears.

The curves don't look identical to me.

Just load them onto a mono track and a stereo IR plugin and listen. A correlation meter will reveal things, too. And to be 100% sure, I was already running a nulltest (original stereo version vs. a mono one) -> perfect null (even after I trimmed them).

Reactions: SKU
Alright, some of those GT IRs seem to be pretty decent (obviously can't exactly tell after 10 minutes with them, just slapped them into my IR testing project).
In case anyone wants shortened mono versions (absolutely no information loss coming along with them), here you are:

The video in the OP sounds awesome. I’ve been curious about Palmer DI stuff for a while. This is something I might have to get.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
The video in the OP sounds awesome. I’ve been curious about Palmer DI stuff for a while. This is something I might have to get.
Yeah all of Bill's Palmer commentary over the past few years has piqued my interest on them. At some point I'll get something from them at some point.

I used a Palmer DI box for a few years before I got my first axe-fx. I remembered it sounding good, the Weber speaker load I used wasn’t that great though so the overall experience left a lot to be desired. Kinda wish I had kept the Palmer because I’m curious now how it compares to all the IR stuff. That and the sans amp tri ac are the old things I wished I still had to compare. I remember them sounding really good.

D

Back