Palmer Supreme Soaker Attenuator

$1079 USD @ Thomann Music

Reactions: JT
Yeah I can see that being a charm to some.

Could they not have included both at that price?

I had the palmer pga04 years ago which was similar to the PDI03, but always disabled the analogue Sims in favour of IRs. They just sounded so much more real to me.

Boss TAE does a lot more for a comparable price ...

Boss TAE does a lot more for a comparable price ...
The Boss has always looked cool. But the Boss sauce in the power amp section scares me. And the reports of it blowing up amps also scares me.

Palmer = guaranteed to be overpriced. :rofl

And it's all Satriani's fault.

Rather Bonamassa's, no?

⁣Palmer PDI 03 JB – Musikhaus Thomann.jpg

Anyhow, one of the Joes...

The Boss has always looked cool. But the Boss sauce in the power amp section scares me. And the reports of it blowing up amps also scares me.
Can't say I hear anything weird with the Boss power but ymmv. Regarding it blowing up amps ... I think those two - three instances were blown out of proportion. Couldn't find one single other report other than those two-three at launch.

Reactions: JT
Can't say I hear anything weird with the Boss power but ymmv. Regarding it blowing up amps ... I think those two - three instances were blown out of proportion. Couldn't find one single other report other than those two-three at launch.
Well, irony for me is all I use are Boss IRs. So complaining about Boss sauce is a bit hypocritical :bag :LOL:

The TAE is great with Marshall type amps. The odd thing, the power amp doesn't sound great using the line in.
I bet on great with Marshall stuff. I dug around the manual for a minute and watched a clip or two.

When Surfing with the Alien came out in 1987 (Joe B. was only 10 :grin) Satriani became an overnight sensation and EVERYONE wanted an interview to find out his tone secrets. The two obscure pieces of gear he always mentioned, and whose prices immediately went through roof were:

View attachment 19353

View attachment 19356
My PGA-04 was a miracle for practicing in an apartment in the city with my rig before we had fancy computer wang dangles and whiz bells to do that stuff.

Well, irony for me is all I use are Boss IRs. So complaining about Boss sauce is a bit hypocritical :bag :LOL:
Boss IRs? There are a bunch of IRs that come with the TAE but I wouldn't call them exceptional. Are there others?

Back