NUX Trident

This product appears to be abandoned before it even got released. SO SAD because it had great potential.

From Nux Tech Support 3-11-2024 when I asked where the new firmware is:

"Good day and thanks for getting in touch. The NUX Trident was last updated on July 12, 2023, and a new firmware update is on its way. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience."

"Good day and thanks for getting in touch. The NUX Trident was last updated on July 12, 2023, and a new firmware update is on its way. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience."
Excellent news. Thank you!

I'm curious.

Jesus. I just plugged in my FM3 Turbo which was sitting in a box. No comparison.

The Trident is boxed up and being sold. I can’t even begin to describe the difference. Can’t wait to unbox my AxeFX III Mark II Turbo. I’m gonna sell a shite ton of pedals and multi-effect units and zero in those two. Their firmware has come so far since I last tried Fractal. Wow.

Keeping my AmpliFire Box 2’s though. They completely rock and are what the Iridium could have been IMO.

GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

The measly FM3 Mark II sounds so good I think I’ll lay off the amps for a while. Otherwise I might sell them too… and I don’t wanna.

Waiting on a second Fender FR12 to run it in stereo. ‘Won’t that be the day?’ - Mullholland Drive.
Running it through a 12 inch Fender Princeton LE with no tweaks now. Freaking incredible.

As an FM3 owner, I can conform that there is just no comparison. The Trident sounds like a cheap toy compared to the FM3.

As an FM3 owner, I can conform that there is just no comparison. The Trident sounds like a cheap toy compared to the FM3.
It’s nice to have some conformation. 😁

To be fair the FM3 is 3x the cost of the Trident. It’s not that the Trident can’t sound decent. It can. But it takes work and the presets kinda suck. Dialed in, it’s kinda sweet.

The FM3 is drool worthy straight outta the box. My opinion anyway

Last edited:
Jesus. I just plugged in my FM3 Turbo which was sitting in a box. No comparison.

The Trident is boxed up and being sold. I can’t even begin to describe the difference. Can’t wait to unbox my AxeFX III Mark II Turbo. I’m gonna sell a shite ton of pedals and multi-effect units and zero in those two. Their firmware has come so far since I last tried Fractal. Wow.

Keeping my AmpliFire Box 2’s though. They completely rock and are what the Iridium could have been IMO.
That's the spirit.

Back