NUX Trident

So after watching a bunch of vids, I have to reserve any judgements until I can play around with one myself. @2112 vid was pretty thorough but not much about the unit itself made me feel like I "need" one. I may grab one just to try it out though. I love the layout, options, and footprint.
If it helps any, it sounds much better than the MX5. Not as easy or elegant to use (and many bugs right now), but do-able!

Last edited:
If it helps any, it sounds much better than the MX5. Not as easy to or elegant to use (and many bugs right now), but do-able!

The MG-30 I had did a great 1987x but left a lot of other stuff to be desired. Do you know if this is the same modeling tech?

The MG-30 I had did a great 1987x but left a lot of other stuff to be desired. Do you know if this is the same modeling tech?
"White Box" (whatever that means). It actually sounds pretty decent. Not as nasal/unresponsive as the HR stuff. I know Headrush stuff can sound good though. This just sounds better to me. I do miss the HR ecosystem though.

Last edited:
I've had the Trident for a few weeks. While I don't seem to have some of the aforementioned problems, I do wish they would have the option of using the onboard wah and pitch bender with an expression pedal. Right now ifaik the wah and pitch bender can't be controlled from an ex. pedal.. Maybe in the future firmware?....

Any news of a post-release firmware update? I'd give the Trident another shot if they do a decent update.

The Trident just got the Andertons treatment :rolleyes:

Have to say though... it doesn't sound half bad. Effects in particular are much better to my ears that some units i've owned at 4x the price.

Just got mine. Iā€™m not having the noise or all amps sound alike issues at all. Iā€™m very impressed so far and think it sounds great. Using headphones out, itā€™s a great practice board. Aux in for drums or backing tracks completes that for me.

Just got mine. Iā€™m not having the noise or all amps sound alike issues at all. Iā€™m very impressed so far and think it sounds great. Using headphones out, itā€™s a great practice board. Aux in for drums or backing tracks completes that for me.
Hey man good to see you! Hope all is good \m/

Glad to hear it. I wonder if there has been a hardware revision or unannounced firmware revision at the factory?

Hey man good to see you! Hope all is good \m/
Thanks @JiveTurkey ! Been out with a couple of ankle surgeries but doing better now. Got on two hours of jam time and tweaking with my new toy! Instead of a Cortex or ToneMaster Proā€¦ I bought the Trident and FM3 new for less.

FM3 isnā€™t here yet, but I think the Trident may be my new ā€œbeaterā€ for grab and play. The FM3 will be more for ā€œlabā€ work.

:banana

Good to hear from you man!

Glad to hear it. I wonder if there has been a hardware revision or unannounced firmware revision at the factory?
I donā€™t knowā€¦ I was all set to box it up and send it back after hearing some otherā€™s report. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

The presets seem kinda high on amp master volume and biasā€¦ to me that gets kinda too mushy and the character of the amp gets a little lost. Of course others might like that sound and feel. Wrote three patches for a 800, Plexi100 and HBE in no time.

Thanks @JiveTurkey ! Been out with a couple of ankle surgeries but doing better now. Got on two hours of jam time and tweaking with my new toy! Instead of a Cortex or ToneMaster Proā€¦ I bought the Trident and FM3 new for less.

FM3 isnā€™t here yet, but I think the Trident may be my new ā€œbeaterā€ for grab and play. The FM3 will be more for ā€œlabā€ work.

:banana

Good to hear from you man!
WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THOSE 2 UNITS THANX AND GET BETTER SOON.

Back