not the best night... 6505 went up in smoke!

sleewell

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
rehearsal was going pretty good. i was using my 6505 and it was sounding great. like 45 mins in out of nowhere it started to make this hum that was getting louder. i was looking at it like what is going on and all of a sudden it started to smoke!!! i turned it off as fast as i could but it was pretty crazy and it smelled terrible. it was coming from the end near where the power cord and transformer are.

taking it to a tech tomorrow and i am also buying a peavey ultra plus for 400 bucks hahahaha.

1728508348281.png

Sorry dude. Sending good vibes. I’ve felt your pain.

Years ago my Mark III did something similar. It was a tube issue but also took out the fuse and maybe a grid resistor in the middle of rehearsal.

I took the opportunity to get the amp fully serviced and it’s been killer ever since. They’re just piles of parts, it’ll get fixed.

Thanks.

I was terrified to plug in my 5153 to finish the night. I was making sure every cable was in correctly. Got it working and was testing it. I didn't see him but my buddy lights a blunt and immediately I was like oh shit fuck something is smoking and panic shut everything down lololol.

My 6505 is old. I got it from gc used for like 400 bucks during covid. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Back