Not All USB Cables Are Created Equal

I don't think the gaggle of Tone Tweakers up in this place are that far off from being in the same
nuthouse as those dreaded "Audiophiles" you are mocking. :LOL:
depends if you want to use measurable and audible differences to differentiate things.

if you feel like audiophile digital cables are improving your life, good luck to you, but it’s literally a scam industry in broad daylight that is there to deceive people with more money than sense. There is absolutely enough people on the planet who fall for it, it’s very hard to reach rational decisions when we want to believe spending $100’s makes a difference even if science is totally unable to prove it.

Still think it’s likely just a troll post.

what about these? another worthy upgrade+improvement right?

what about these? another worthy upgrade+improvement right?
My favorite one is the Audiophile Power Cables for the mains supply, which can cost more than $1,000 per meter :facepalm
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
Baroness Von Sketch Show Cbc GIF

OK so you guys think thats bad , what about my theory about guitar cables
"Color tone matching" if you take a good cable and it matches the color of your guitar it improves the toanz
like I will be ordering this cable for my new DK24

1700472135847.png

:p

Last edited:
But these can't all be nutjobs.

Yes, they are.
Os and 1s either work or they don't. There's no "oh, this 1 sounds like 0.7526 only".

Thing is, yes, there's lot of issues that can be introduced by USB equipment.
Stuttering due to the connection not being solid, *check* (possibly caused by the same source as certain USB cables not charging your devices properly).
Higher pitched whine when using USB-audio devices - well, especially round these parts that should get a big *check* because I'm sure pretty much everybody was experiencing it here and there, just when trying to connect whatever device to run the software editor (or, even worse, using it as an audio interface). Most commonly a ground loop issue that can be fixed by galvanic isolation (aka 1/2 of a DI box), but sometimes those pesky USB cables simply catch up whatever interferences (which is why there's still some with those big HF-filtering blobs) - doesn't need a 200+ bucks cable to adress any of these, though.
In any case, regardless whether there's high pitch noise, interferences, whacky connections or whatever - one thing all these problems don't manage doing is to manipulate your 1 so it's 0.9526 only. Digital being digital, it only works at all as long as the 1s and 0s stay the same (ok, with possibly one exception, namely audio CDs where there's something such as error correction - but that's an entirely different story).

Last edited:
OK so you guys thing that bad , what about my theory about guitar cables
"Color tone matching" if you take a good cable and it matches the color of your guitar it improves the toanz
like I will be ordering this cable for my new DK24

In case of a doubt, I'm sure you can as well send that cable to Charvel and have it laquered with exactly the same color.

I dunno, I found out yesterday my alternate picking isn’t fast or clean so I wouldn’t be surprised to find out my USB cable also makes everything I do sound like shit.

Time to reevaluate my life.

Haha! Even if you get the right results you are still doing it wrong. :hmm

Thank you, Internet! :wat

:rofl

Back