Not a rant. But the Badlander is going to the shop for 6-8 weeks. What should I do "in the meantime"

So was scheduled to play this evening at an outdoor event. Didn't want to take the BL because it was raining so I set up my Helix preset with a few tweaks and just brought the Mustang. Gig got cancelled which was I think the second time in 14 years something got called? First time ever where we didn't even set up. Kind of bummed as I wanted to use that Recto preset :satan

“What should I do in the meantime?”

Play Helmet, guitar straight in to a Metal Zone straight in to headphones. At full volume.
The Mesa will sound unbelievably good once you get it back. Negative Conditioning FTW.

“What should I do in the meantime?”

Play Helmet, guitar straight in to a Metal Zone straight in to headphones. At full volume.
The Mesa will sound unbelievably good once you get it back. Negative Conditioning FTW.

Great riff and groove :satan

Meantime is my favorite Helmet song. Saw them eons ago.
They just played Nashville with Quicksand and Clutch. I saw Helmet back in the late 90's with Quicksand as well.... all three of those bands can bring it and make a show that's one big ol riff-o-rama. Helmet was a huge influence on my band back then and I still hear them in the way I right when in a drop tuning even to this day.

Reactions: JT
They just played Nashville with Quicksand and Clutch. I saw Helmet back in the late 90's with Quicksand as well.... all three of those bands can bring it and make a show that's one big ol riff-o-rama. Helmet was a huge influence on my band back then and I still hear them in the way I right when in a drop tuning even to this day.
I am pretty much a one and done with Helmet. Too monotone for my tastes. Clutch is a little expanded version of that. I dig their first full length A LOT and bits and pieces beyond that.

I’m seeing them this Friday night in Dallas! Woot!

I thought I read that the opening acts were kind of rotating between Helmet, Quicksand, and JD Pinkus. But not totally sure.

Back