No Amps Were Harmed in the Making of this Video

However, when people says "Eddie Van Halen invented Tapping" he denies it, and he gives credit to Jimmy Page. He had respect and never wished a painful death to any type of music

79rpqn.gif

Exactly like he did with the "bend like a boomer" comment at the Beato channel. Perfectly calculated words to incite discussion. Precisely, that was the first time I heard his name, and I had to google to know WTF he is because that comment was the talk of the town. Mission achieved.

Absolutely.

Another great example is Chromeo. The guitar and bass sounds are nothing but some cheap tier VST plugins, might be even free ones. Yet in the context of their funky goodness it all just sounds right and the "DI-ness" of the sound doesn't detract. They do have a massive pile of fancy synths tho!

Beastie Boys..... I wonder if they could happen in today's world, though. There was a lot
more variability in what was produced in the 80s/90s versus now. You could be low budget/DIY
and still blow up if the music was groundbreaking.

I don’t know if I’m just at the age where I realize it more or the current younger generation really hates the older generation much more than we did as kids. :rofl

I mean, I’ve got more in common with GenX but still bust my dad’s balls about his boomerisms (he’s got some really stereotypical boomerisms, not really sorry about this) but there seems to be a much deeper seated “Anyone over 35 is a f*cking idiot” thing going on these days. (I’m 40)

My own son Boomers me and I am not even a Boomer. WTF? I think the whole Boomer thing became a massive
over-generalization, like you said, for older dudes.... meaning anyone post-30ish. I had to educate him on what a
"generation" is, how long they last, and what differentiates them. When I did he replied, "Whatever, Boomer!" :LOL:

Henson makes a soloing appearance at about 7:39 in

So he does have a bend or two in him after all. :idk

Both he and Scott seem to approach the guitar in the same way, and different from the others (older people).
Really low wrist and a lot of straight fingers. No throttling of the neck. It's like their thumb is super low on the back
of the neck, they really arch that wrist, and then use the entire length of their fingers without much bending
of the knuckles.

I just watched one of his Beato interviews and enjoyed it. Have never seen the guy talk before.

I don't get the hated towards Beato either. The guy's channel is a gem, particularly the "What makes this song great?" series.

There's a reason well known, career musicians are willing to give him STEMs to work with.

I don't get the hated towards Beato either. The guy's channel is a gem, particularly the "What makes this song great?" series.

There's a reason well known, career musicians are willing to give him STEMs to work with.
I don’t hate Beato and I enjoy some of his interviews but the rest of his videos aren’t my thing. His constant bitching about demonetizing and his videos being taken over copyright infringement got very old.

Back