NGD: Strandberg Boden Standard NX6 Trem

Nice cosmetic contrast!

20240917_143514.jpg

Last edited:
So how does it compare to the NJ? Also, is the nut width about the same?

Apples and oranges. Compares great with the Plini as far as being quite different in tones and feel of the fretboard.
Gotta put some Elixirs on in the morning and tweak the intonation a hair but loving it so far.

It's always fun trying to find the blem that knocked 15% of the price.
I looked high and low and couldn't find anything at first.

A free cookie to the first eagle eye.

20240917_175653.jpg

I have a couple "strats" that are around 9.5 lbs each so 8 lbs doesn't sound that heavy to me.
I think most of my Fender Strats are stupid heavy.
The others not so much.

The reverse for Tele.

For me the weight of the Strandbergs are important since I spent like 20 days a week going to the subway and train and that averages out a 2-4km walk a day which I rather have a lighter git fiddle on my back in addition to the other crap I carry.

Apples and oranges. Compares great with the Plini as far as being quite different in tones and feel of the fretboard.
Gotta put some Elixirs on in the morning and tweak the intonation a hair but loving it so far.

It's always fun trying to find the blem that knocked 15% of the price.
I looked high and low and couldn't find anything at first.

A free cookie to the first eagle eye.

View attachment 28667
Btw, with the fanned frets I found that 9,5-46 string sets work way better for me than 9s or 10s.

I think most of my Fender Strats are stupid heavy.
The others not so much.

The reverse for Tele.

For me the weight of the Strandbergs are important since I spent like 20 days a week going to the subway and train and that averages out a 2-4km walk a day which I rather have a lighter git fiddle in my back in addition to the other crap I carry.
Yeah, if you're gonna do a headless might as well get one light and balanced as possible. Only makes sense.
Not gonna lie, after some of these headless threads I've been eyeballing a few online. :rofl

Always wanted one of those Kiesel Holdsworth models... but also thinking of modding an old Yamaha I have laying around into a headless. :grin

Back