NGD: The Djent’ening (Schecter Banshee Mach7)

Any of you dual rec freaks have some golden settings for it? I’ve never really jived with rectos until using it with this 7 string, so I am not too versed with how most dial them in. I’m just using stock settings but with the treble pushed a hair to 6.

Any of you dual rec freaks have some golden settings for it? I’ve never really jived with rectos until using it with this 7 string, so am not too versed with how most dial them in. I’m just using stock settings but with the treble pushed a hair to 6.
Dial up fat and woofy then hit with Klon or TS or Buxom or the Rat barely opened or....

Dial up fat and woofy then hit with Klon or TS or Buxom or the Rat barely opened or....

You leave the bass and mids pushed kinda hard? I’ve always heard the recto stack is interactive so just making sure this isn’t some Mark series thing where there is a golden setting and until you find it, it sucks. :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking about getting the Evertune version of this. How is it after a few months?

I was thinking about getting the Evertune version of this. How is it after a few months?

I really like it. It took me a few weeks to get comfortable playing a seven string but once I got used to it, it’s become one of my favorite guitars. Excellent neck, very playable. And it’s not a half bad looking guitar in person. (I generally don’t like a lot of the 7-string aesthetics)

I really like it. It took me a few weeks to get comfortable playing a seven string but once I got used to it, it’s become one of my favorite guitars. Excellent neck, very playable. And it’s not a half bad looking guitar in person. (I generally don’t like a lot of the 7-string aesthetics)

I think it's my top contender for 7 string in the Evertune version. The neck is a compound radius just like my SLS Elite so it should feel similar.

I think it's my top contender for 7 string in the Evertune version. The neck is a compound radius just like my SLS Elite so it should feel similar.

If you end up getting it and are having a funky time with the Evertune, hit me up. You can run into a lot of bunk info on the internet about it that fits right in with “Floyd’s are a nightmare to set up”, “You can’t keep a standard Strat trem in tune” and “G-strings on Les Pauls always slip out of tune” tropes.

Also @Matt Blackett from Evertune is a member here, been meaning to get him an AMA set up.

“Floyd’s are a nightmare to set up”
Turning Natalie Portman GIF by foxhorror

Against all advise my first guitar was a Floyd. I thought it was easy enough to set up.

Back