NGD: Strandberg Boden Standard NX6 Trem

Achilles

Rock Star
Schecter Nick Johnston up for sale on the Verb

- Wenge neck is cool and all but don't personally like the feel and tone of it.
- Jumbo frets are no mas.
- Love the sound of a single coil in the bridge - hate the sound of a single coil in the bridge.
- Every time I play it I wish it was H-S-S after only about 10 minutes.
- At 8 lbs it's heavy - even the Knaggs at 7.5 feels heavy after slinging the 5 pound Plini for a few days.
- Awesome guitar in every way but I can already see it gathering dust now that Strandberg is back to #1.

Should be here early next week.

cln2ohbtbwaulekg8isj.jpg

Wow, I guess you can't keep that all. I like the specs on the NJ. I'd of changed that bridge single to a rail probably.

I should weight my guitars; I honestly don’t think they’re that heavy. I might be poking fun hypocritically. My Warmoth Tele is all roasted, neck and body.

I should weight my guitars.

Way back it was nothing slinging a 10 pound Les Paul for a few hours 3 nights a week - plus rehearsals.

Blew out a lower disc around 2010 and weight's been a consideration ever since.
Plus never got back to 100% after the Sepsis crap back in January.

I've bought and sold 2 Strandbergs over the years now. Cool concept but, in my hands, I found them utterly uninspiring instruments to play.

I wish you better luck than I've had with them.

Way back it was nothing slinging a 10 pound Les Paul for a few hours 3 nights a week - plus rehearsals.

Blew out a lower disc around 2010 and weight's been a consideration ever since.
Plus never got back to 100% after the Sepsis crap back in January.
Well now you’re making me feel bad. Sorry to hear that. I can somewhat relate, as I’ve got neck issues.

I've bought and sold 2 Strandbergs over the years now. Cool concept but, in my hands, I found them utterly uninspiring instruments to play.

I wish you better luck than I've had with them.
I can’t play them either. It’s a cool design, and I get what they’re trying to do. But it’s too painful, if your technique is not conforming to the Endureneck.

if your technique is not conforming to the Endureneck.

Interesting note. I was 100% Strandberg for a couple years then put them down for a year of the Knaggs and Schecter.
When I picked it back up I didn't even think about the neck once. Same goes for the fanning.

I remember first trying that (along with no face dots) and it feeling alien as all hell for a long time. It's nice that it's 2nd nature now.

Last edited:
Interesting note. I was 100% Strandberg for a couple years then put them down for a year of the Knaggs and Schecter.
When I picked it back up I didn't even think about the neck once. Same goes for the fanning.

I remember first trying that (along with no face dots) and it feeling alien as all hell for a long time. It's nice that it's 2nd nature now.
The fanning doesn’t bother me, it’s the Endureneck. Makes my thumb hurt.

I was craving for a new guitar for years but haven’t been in a position to get one.

Have been really curious about headless and tried a headless Ibanez in a store recently.

Completely lost interest in anything else.
The ergonomics are so much better.

With the lighter weight, I could have it on a strap while practising and ensure proper wrist posture.

Schecter Nick Johnston up for sale on the Verb

- Wenge neck is cool and all but don't personally like the feel and tone of it.
- Jumbo frets are no mas.
- Love the sound of a single coil in the bridge - hate the sound of a single coil in the bridge.
- Every time I play it I wish it was H-S-S after only about 10 minutes.
- At 8 lbs it's heavy - even the Knaggs at 7.5 feels heavy after slinging the 5 pound Plini for a few days.
- Awesome guitar in every way but I can already see it gathering dust now that Strandberg is back to #1.

Should be here early next week.

View attachment 28465
Congrats on the Plini!

I wonder why there’s almost no 24.75” headless guitars. Even the Salen Jazz has 25.5”.

Only headless with a smaller scale length is a Kiesel Zeus that you can option that way.

I should weight my guitars; I honestly don’t think they’re that heavy. I might be poking fun hypocritically. My Warmoth Tele is all roasted, neck and body.
I have a couple "strats" that are around 9.5 lbs each so 8 lbs doesn't sound that heavy to me.

Congrats on the Plini!

I wonder why there’s almost no 24.75” headless guitars. Even the Salen Jazz has 25.5”.

Only headless with a smaller scale length is a Kiesel Zeus that you can option that way.
The weird thing with Kiesels is that they all seem to be pretty heavy for a headless. Every one I’ve seen has been 6.5 to 7 pounds.

Back