NGD / T-style content

FuzzyAce

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Finally set aside some time to get this partscaster done. :farley
Going to let it settle in for a few weeks then do some fret work and final setup.
But as is it still plays pretty dang well, I'm happy how it turned out.

IMG_1639.jpeg

The body is a Fender, vintage style set up. I routed out to fit the mini HB.
Warmoth Boatneck, 1 pc maple, compound radius, 6100 evo gold frets. Gotoh vintage style, aged hardware.
Knobs are from an old Gibson amp that is no more. 3-way switch, volume, tone and a bass cut switch that helps clean up any boominess.
Dimarzio PG-13 and Super Distortion T.
I added graphite powder to some Tru-Oil to seal the neck first. This gave it a muted gray hue, very subtle but it's there. I added a logo -- Fuzzy's "PARTSCASTER", lol, then satin lacquered the neck with about 4 or 5 coats I think. Once fully cured I scotch brite it to a nice smooth matte feel.

Here she is chillin' with her older sister from another mister:
IMG_1645.jpeg

Finally set aside some time to get this partscaster done. :farley
Going to let it settle in for a few weeks then do some fret work and final setup.
But as is it still plays pretty dang well, I'm happy how it turned out.

View attachment 10266

The body is a Fender, vintage style set up. I routed out to fit the mini HB.
Warmoth Boatneck, 1 pc maple, compound radius, 6100 evo gold frets. Gotoh vintage style, aged hardware.
Knobs are from an old Gibson amp that is no more. 3-way switch, volume, tone and a bass cut switch that helps clean up any boominess.
Dimarzio PG-13 and Super Distortion T.
I added graphite powder to some Tru-Oil to seal the neck first. This gave it a muted gray hue, very subtle but it's there. I added a logo -- Fuzzy's "PARTSCASTER", lol, then satin lacquered the neck with about 4 or 5 coats I think. Once fully cured I scotch brite it to a nice smooth matte feel.

Here she is chillin' with her older sister from another mister:
View attachment 10267
Holy fuck that black tele is :chef

Oh hey I'm playing a Tele in the exact same color/pickguard/neck combo! Funny because I always think I don't like the color of my guitar then I saw yours and was like "damn that's hot" :p

I've always wanted to try a Tele with a mini hum or Firebird neck and overwound bridge. If Dimarzio made something in between the Fast Track and the Chopper T I'd probably swap back out.

Oh hey I'm playing a Tele in the exact same color/pickguard/neck combo! Funny because I always think I don't like the color of my guitar then I saw yours and was like "damn that's hot" :p

I've always wanted to try a Tele with a mini hum or Firebird neck and overwound bridge. If Dimarzio made something in between the Fast Track and the Chopper T I'd probably swap back out.
Yeah, I'm in need of some more colorful guitars - I always seem to go for white, red and black. :idk
I'm committing to a purple sparkle next go around. :love

I've only tried the chopper in a strat bridge config, not a tele. I like the full on Super D in the bridge (also use in my strat), and part of the reason I put in the bass cut switch is to tame that low and lower mid gain push that both this and the mini have. It cleans them up quite nicely when I need that option. I also have a treble bleed circuit on the volume.

Beautiful pair! I have the boatneck profile on my tele too, it's comfortable even if you don't have huge hands, love it.
First time I tried one I fell in love with it. They're definitely better for my hands, no hand fatigue like I've experienced on some smaller profiles.
I still want to try a full on fatback too, which would probably be similar to the Kotzen Tele I'm guessing.

Holy fuck that black tele is :chef
It's a MIJ '95 Anniversary model. Bought it for $150 from a buddy about 10 years ago. He had another one just like it and I kick myself for not getting it too. Both had been played heavily and loved. Right now it has Fender Noiseless which sound great, but I original modded it with Fralins and it sounded much sweeter. Think I'm going to put those back in soon. It needs a refret too although it's still quite playable.

Yeah, I'm in need of some more colorful guitars - I always seem to go for white, red and black. :idk
I'm committing to a purple sparkle next go around. :love

I've only tried the chopper in a strat bridge config, not a tele. I like the full on Super D in the bridge (also use in my strat), and part of the reason I put in the bass cut switch is to tame that low and lower mid gain push that both this and the mini have. It cleans them up quite nicely when I need that option. I also have a treble bleed circuit on the volume.

One of the J Mascis models with the boat flake sparkle would be killer.

I was running the Chopper T for a while and it's just too stuffy sounding, so I could see how the bass cut switch helps.

I need a tele something fierce :oops: :nails

Having a slightly hotter noiseless pickup in the bridge that still sounds like a Tele is the key for me. I hate hum and buzz especially with any kind of gain. Lemme see if I can grab a quick clip of the versatility here...

Back