NGD / T-style content

Having a slightly hotter noiseless pickup in the bridge that still sounds like a Tele is the key for me. I hate hum and buzz especially with any kind of gain. Lemme see if I can grab a quick clip of the versatility here...
Pickup suggestions for this? That Kotzen always speaks to me but the baseball bat does not.

Ghosts I Cant GIF by CBS
He Knows I Know GIF by DrSquatch

Having a slightly hotter noiseless pickup in the bridge that still sounds like a Tele is the key for me. I hate hum and buzz especially with any kind of gain. Lemme see if I can grab a quick clip of the versatility here...
The Area T set sounds awesome too. I really like the hot bridge.
I had those for a time but like always I have to keep changing shit!

Finally set aside some time to get this partscaster done. :farley
Going to let it settle in for a few weeks then do some fret work and final setup.
But as is it still plays pretty dang well, I'm happy how it turned out.

View attachment 10266

The body is a Fender, vintage style set up. I routed out to fit the mini HB.
Warmoth Boatneck, 1 pc maple, compound radius, 6100 evo gold frets. Gotoh vintage style, aged hardware.
Knobs are from an old Gibson amp that is no more. 3-way switch, volume, tone and a bass cut switch that helps clean up any boominess.
Dimarzio PG-13 and Super Distortion T.
I added graphite powder to some Tru-Oil to seal the neck first. This gave it a muted gray hue, very subtle but it's there. I added a logo -- Fuzzy's "PARTSCASTER", lol, then satin lacquered the neck with about 4 or 5 coats I think. Once fully cured I scotch brite it to a nice smooth matte feel.

Here she is chillin' with her older sister from another mister:
View attachment 10267

Love it! Great choice of pickups, knobs, everything. Looks like a super cool and fun guitar. :beer

And the pair of them is :chef.

The Area T set sounds awesome too. I really like the hot bridge.
I had those for a time but like always I have to keep changing shit!

I had the Hot a couple times and the 615, but just got the standard bridge in last week and it smokes. Perfect Tele bridge pickup IMO. It can do the twang thing (even if I can't), but it can also do heavy. Clearer and more interesting than the Hot.

I won't cross post but check the Fractal Talk thread to hear the standard pickup through a boosted Mesa...really sweet.

Love it! Great choice of pickups, knobs, everything. Looks like a super cool and fun guitar. :beer

And the pair of them is :chef.
Appreciate it!
I have a feeling this one will get loved on quite a bit. It's already bouncy and lively, looking forward to getting to the fretwork and unlock its full potential. The nut is just temporary too.

I had the Hot a couple times and the 615, but just got the standard bridge in last week and it smokes. Perfect Tele bridge pickup IMO. It can do the twang thing (even if I can't), but it can also do heavy. Clearer and more interesting than the Hot.

I won't cross post but check the Fractal Talk thread to hear the standard pickup through a boosted Mesa...really sweet.
Will do.
I wish Dimarzio made a Cruiser T version honestly. While it's my favorite neck single, I've also tried that in a strat bridge position and it was quite sweet. Not too hot, not too weak.

So I've had some alone time with this beauty, she (yes, she. I may call her Tina:rofl) plays really well and really digging the pickup combo here, a decent variety of tones.

Only one issue, and I was sorta prepared for this somewhat -- the bridge design is very prone to ringing out when the bridge pickup is engaged. It is thin metal, with walls on either side so I'm not totally shocked. Problem is it's quite noticeable with certain gain and honestly unacceptable, although I like the feel and look of it.

When I go about the fretwork and setup in a few weeks, my remedy for the bridge is to first multi-coat it with either satin poly or lacquer. My thinking is they may dampen the ringing enough to be acceptable. If not, then it will be a different bridge with thicker material, and possibly no side walls.

So I've had some alone time with this beauty, she (yes, she. I may call her Tina:rofl) plays really well and really digging the pickup combo here, a decent variety of tones.

Only one issue, and I was sorta prepared for this somewhat -- the bridge design is very prone to ringing out when the bridge pickup is engaged. It is thin metal, with walls on either side so I'm not totally shocked. Problem is it's quite noticeable with certain gain and honestly unacceptable, although I like the feel and look of it.

When I go about the fretwork and setup in a few weeks, my remedy for the bridge is to first multi-coat it with either satin poly or lacquer. My thinking is they may dampen the ringing enough to be acceptable. If not, then it will be a different bridge with thicker material, and possibly no side walls.
I put this bride on my tele, sounds a whole lot better than a standard Fender bridge
rutters-bridge

Back