NGD: Legator Ichabod Crane Not For Everybody Edition

Why is it called Ichabod Crane? Er, was he the guy that got his head cut off? (Digging deep, too lazy to gogle it.)

He's the guy from the Headless Horseman.

G'dman eastern MD vs western MD education, I can say that much :hmm
Hans Gruber

1718492100084.png

Y'all will surely think I'm nuts now, but I'm convinced, no matter what you say.:hmm

Didn't have a full set of 10-46 laying around yesterday, didn't expect the strings to be DOA - so I used a 9.5-46 Stringjoy set I've had for a couple of years. My gawd I had a helluva time chugging on them, figured something was weird with the bridge or "who knows". Also didn't think they sounded all that great, highs were weak. :unsure:

Just finished putting my usual EB Paradigm 10-46 (I use 9-42 on a lot of guitars, too) and waa-laa, chugging away, brightness is there is spades.

I guess I just simply don't gel with Stringjoy.:cuss Or maybe I've just so used to the tension of EB P's? But I play 9's and 10's and shitloads of different scale lengths, generally with only the most minor of adjustment periods.

Y'all will surely think I'm nuts now, but I'm convinced, no matter what you say.:hmm

Didn't have a full set of 10-46 laying around yesterday, didn't expect the strings to be DOA - so I used a 9.5-46 Stringjoy set I've had for a couple of years. My gawd I had a helluva time chugging on them, figured something was weird with the bridge or "who knows". Also didn't think they sounded all that great, highs were weak. :unsure:

Just finished putting my usual EB Paradigm 10-46 (I use 9-42 on a lot of guitars, too) and waa-laa, chugging away, brightness is there is spades.

I guess I just simply don't gel with Stringjoy.:cuss Or maybe I've just so used to the tension of EB P's? But I play 9's and 10's and shitloads of different scale lengths, generally with only the most minor of adjustment periods.
Not crazy at all, you're just used to a certain brand and tension. Have you considered trying 11's or a mixed set with heavy bottom since the scale goes to 26"? :stirthepot

Not crazy at all, you're just used to a certain brand and tension. Have you considered trying 11's or a mixed set with heavy bottom since the scale goes to 26"? :stirthepot
I've had mostly negative experiences from the typical skinny/heavy, probably all in my head - but they always threw me for a loop, just felt off to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These 10-46 seem great, action is really low now, may have to raise it a bit.

I've had mostly negative experiences from the typical skinny/heavy, probably all in my head - but they always threw me for a loop, just felt off to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These 10-46 seem great, action is really low now, may have to raise it a bit.
Yeah only say mixed set because you have a mixed scale guitar. :satan

The thing with a multi-scale guitar though, those lower strings already get to a higher tension (kinda the whole point), so if you use a mixed set, with light on top and heavy bottoms, you're increasing that tension even further.

Back