NGD: 2023 McCarty 594

TubeStack

Shredder
Ok, so I guess this PRS addiction stuff is a thing… :rofl

Played my first PRS last month and bought it right away (‘97 CU22). Loved that guitar so much, I started wondering about the McCarty and 594s, and well, here we are… :love

Such a vibrant and responsive guitar to play, so much fun. Really sings on leads in that sweet, midrange-y, early Clapton/ZZ kind of way.

Love the 58/15 pickups and the neck carve and overall feel is just sublime. And I’ve always had a soft spot for gold tops… :love

Off to play it some more, will get back in a bit!

IMG_4322.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4317 Copy.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg

Haha, thanks guys! It really is an exceptional guitar, wow. Just instantly feels like home and feels/sounds amazing. So resonant it's ridiculous. I'm actually blown away at the sustain and overtones, as well as just general playability. It's crazy good.

Yes this sounds like typical honeymoon gushing, but I can honestly say it is the best guitar I've owned in almost ten years. The last one at this level was my R9, which I still have and has been my #1 ever since.

Haha, thanks guys! It really is an exceptional guitar, wow. Just instantly feels like home and feels/sounds amazing. So resonant it's ridiculous. I'm actually blown away at the sustain and overtones, as well as just general playability. It's crazy good.

Yes this sounds like typical honeymoon gushing, but I can honestly say it is the best guitar I've owned in almost ten years. The last one at this level was my R9, which I still have and has been my #1 ever since.
When I got my first PRS in Feb '21 (594 HBII), I could not believe the sustain! It cost me a lot of time because I never wanted to cut it off, just let it ring!! I then bought two more in the 3 months that followed!!! Total addiction IMO, great work and great company best I can tell (although I am not happy with all the limitations they have put on the Private Stock program, but considering I am broke, I will let it slide for now) ;~))

Congrats on a killer axe, those gold tops are a sight to behold!

Oh man everything about that is perfection :love :love :love

How are you liking the 594 scale length?

PRS are insanely addictive. It’s the only stuff I’m realistically GASing for at the moment. Thinking very hard about either a CE24 or s2 McCarty in the coming months

Oh man everything about that is perfection :love :love :love

How are you liking the 594 scale length?

The 594 scale length feels like home, for sure. I started learning guitar on my dad’s ‘74 SG and have played LPs #1 for the past 12 years or so.

I do enjoy the standard PRS 25 on the CU22; it’s definitely cool and different and gives some clarity/snap. But for that classic sound and feel, this 594 is great and more familiar.

PRS are insanely addictive. It’s the only stuff I’m realistically GASing for at the moment. Thinking very hard about either a CE24 or s2 McCarty in the coming months

Yes! I’d like to get a CE/CU24 at some point too, just to experience the “full PRS” thing.

And I think you’ll love an S2 594, being a Gibson guy!

Back