NGD: 1993 Ibanez JS6

norminal

Rock Star
Photos here:

I usually don’t post threads about new guitar purchases. As much as I enjoy seeing others post pictures and videos of their new gear acquisitions, I’ve always been hesitant of posting about my own.

That said, this one has been nearly 30 years in the making and deserves a thread of its own, with all the suspense and fanfare. It is indeed one of my bucket list purchases, and probably up near the top of a very short list.

E55CD65B-0517-44B9-9ABE-A456D4F2231B.jpeg

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Congrats, man! There’s not a whole lot of those floating around and it looks like it’s in great condition!
Thanks man! 345 from what I’ve read.

I’ve been watching them since eBay and Reverb was a thing and when they popped up, they were usually in substandard condition or it was simply bad timing financially.

Ironically, this was bad timing as well, but I figured if I didn’t pull the trigger now, I may never have another chance. They aren’t getting any cheaper. But yeah, it looks pretty clean for a 30 year guitar. We shall see when it arrives and I give it a good setup.

I can't imagine looking for a guitar for 30 years and then finally scoring one. That's amazing!

Happy for you @norminal . :banana :beer

Is it the only hardtail sig Satch ever did with Ibanez? I didn't even know there was such a thing.

I can't imagine looking for a guitar for 30 years and then finally scoring one. That's amazing!

Happy for you @norminal . :banana :beer

Is it the only hardtail sig Satch ever did with Ibanez? I didn't even know there was such a thing.
Yeah, it came out around the release of “The Extremist.” It was one of the reasons I originally settled on the 540S OL mentioned in this thread:

My local dealer couldn’t get the JS6 and it was frankly out of my price range. So I bought the 540S because it looked similar and eventually threw a DiMarzio Fred in it to get my Satriani on.

I’ve wanted one ever since. So this one was on my radar before GAS even had a label. I guess you could say it was my first and longest running GAS. 😂

JS6
JS600 (same as above but Cosmo Chrome hardware and additional inlay)
JS700 (P90’s, Stoptail, and Trans Red finish)
JS1600 (silver poly finish)
JS2000 (fixed Lo-Pro Edge and gold finish
JS6000 (same as JS600 but offered in additional Trans Red finish)

Back