New UA pedals - Galaxy, Del-Verb, & Max Preamp

Why doesn’t someone from RME join UA to help them develop better functioning windows drivers and installers that don’t take 20 times to install?
I mean, I’m pretty sure Lee Iacocca can join UA and in a few short years we can have a UA automobile, but it would only make sense if development wasn’t needed on their core product line.
As far as TC, they’re a shell of what they once were. They make zero competitive products in the higher end rack mount effects market. They made some great products in the past, but I have zero interest in their current product line.
I'd love UA interfaces to be as solid as RME (I use both here). The main developer behind the Apollo line jumped ship to Apple, and honestly, even though I'm sure there will continue to be new Apollo lines every few years, the latest version of them really closed the gap in terms of high end conversion. UA probably realised they sell TONS more Apollo Twins (which are kind of the defacto interface for writing/production rooms, writing camps, users at home, etc) than x16's, which while great interfaces are harder to sell. It gets even more tough when the improvement in quality is so minor. The Apollo was a great idea and product when it was released, but the market is so different now for a number of reasons.

As far as TC go...... well, we've seen that time and time again in the music industry when companies are slow to act and don't adapt with the times. Now they're part of the Behringer line and their tech is getting used in various ways. They're nowhere near the company they were, but they still have years of R&D and experience that very few on the planet have. Their plugins (especially MD3/MD4, VSS3/VSS4) are still absolutely flagship products and fare VERY well even after all these years. Its a shame Behringer don't push them more, but thats clearly not where the money is right now.

Back