New Synergy DRECT Module

You can tell that with modern modelers too, by keeping the IR the same and flipping through similar amps, and then tweaking. Sure, there are differences, but not drastic. It's admirable FAS stuff has a billionty different amp models, but it's not really necessary, IMO.

I mean, I love all the options for amp models in the Axe-Fx so I don't know if I'd go quite so far as to say they're not necessary (it's always fun to test drive different models :D ) but yep they absolutely make less of a difference than one might expect.

A Dual Rectifier's preamp is a similar to an SLO100 except for a few differences:
- The gain pot is 250K vs. 1M
- There's a treble roll-off network on the output of the tone stack (this is a big one)
- There are two cathode followers in series on an SLO100 (fx loop send and fx loop return)

Otherwise they are very similar down to the topology and component values.

The power amps are very similar EXCEPT in Modern mode. In Modern mode there is no negative feedback.

The polite thing to say is that a Dual Rectifier was inspired by an SLO100.

The difference between any given amp head set for a specific amount of gain is smaller than you might expect once you eliminate every other variable. Ask people who have put a few heads in an amp switcher and flipped between them and they'll tell you. That's been my experience for sure.
Yep. Getting an amp switcher was a revelation. I enjoy having all this gear and messing with it, but it brought home the point that differences are smaller and more subtle than they're made out to be on gear forums once you normalize things and do a more apples to apples comparison.

The switcher basically killed my GAS in large measure, in fact, it's tempting me to reverse course and down size; although I expect my inner collector will win out but my eyes/ears have been opened and my expectations have been permanently adjusted.

It's also convinced me that, at least when run through the power amp/back end; the digital modeling front end (i.e. preamp modeling) is 'there' for my standards.

The amount of excitement I should have for this vs. the amount I actually do have is so unbalanced it's not even funny.

Sounds great, but IMO too rich for my cheap ass. By the time you invest in the 50w amp and a few modules, you are $3K deep in their eco system and just scratching the surface, but does sound nice to my ears.
This, unfortunately. I played around and put Synergy stuff in my shopping cart a few years ago. When I reached the point of "alright, I'm all set" I was somewhere above 2k (?), and my brain went "not worth it ffs". 🤷‍♂️

The problem is people see $400 modules and assume or perceive this as being a budget or affordable solution. Its ultimately going to cost the same as any other amp initially, except you’ll land at a spot where it’s modular from that point forward. (Assuming that has appeal to you, which if not, then you’re sort of not in the market for it anyway)

Moar like ERECT amirite?!
Actually you are, considering Egnater had an Erect module in their modular line up years ago , since Mesa was not involved in this it is very likely the Revamped Erect 2.0 by Bruce Egnater

Back