New peavey 6505 just landed

My wife is making cocoa, after that going to unbox, plug in to something. Probably the 2 notes Reload and see what I get. I’ve finally figured it out. Saw a yahoo news story . This is definitely me. I have no energy, cant stop eating, getting fat(ter) and must have several naps a day. I’m fucking in hibernation. Like a bear.

Well I got it unpacked so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Ok gave it an hour. It’s pretty much how I remember it. If a dual rec is too evil but you like the sound, this is the better mannered amp. Lead channel has a very reactive EQ section but the basic character of the amp remains. Resonance knob is very useful for, well, resonance. Plugged into a metropolus 2x12 with those 75w celestions and it worked. I think I’ll get more mileage out of the Friedman 4x12 or even my original Mesa recto 4x12 but that would be a job to get to.
Kudos to the Austrian audio OC 18. Recorded both the Mezzabarba Skill 30 as well as this amp tonite and it really sounded good.
IMG_0694.jpeg

I'd be curious to hear a comparison between the FVH 5150 Iconic and the new Peavey 6505?

I wonder?? :idk

I'd be curious to hear a comparison between the FVH 5150 Iconic and the new Peavey 6505?

I wonder?? :idk

I dunno, but those Iconics got a bad rap when they first came out and I just played through one for the first time a few weeks ago, at $999 for a 100-watt head that’s a no-brainer. They had a combo for cheap that I considered for the living room, but my ‘living room rig’ is quickly turning into a 2nd studio and why the fuck would I plug into that when I have a 5153 and the Shiva sitting right there?

I dunno, but those Iconics got a bad rap when they first came out and I just played through one for the first time a few weeks ago, at $999 for a 100-watt head that’s a no-brainer. They had a combo for cheap that I considered for the living room, but my ‘living room rig’ is quickly turning into a 2nd studio and why the fuck would I plug into that when I have a 5153 and the Shiva sitting right there?

Yeah they survived the initial launch gauntlet and it seems now that the consensus opinion is they are actually pretty cool amps.

Man, I haven't heard one in person let alone played one yet. I need to get to a freaking city sometime.

Back