New Me(h)tallica?

Looks of the vid is cool. Titles and lyrics are old man edge. Something I can recognize as an old man myself :cop :rofl It's ok generally speaking?

This is what the world needs, moretallica.
The Bachelor Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Good Lord can't believe how lame this song is. It hurts.
And I'm big metallica fan.

Reactions: zib
Sometimes I think that every band should pull a "Beatles" and just do reunion tours if at all.
Metallica's Let It Be was the Black Album, their live set is not much beyond that anyway.

Sometimes I think that every band should pull a "Beatles" and just do reunion tours if at all.
Metallica's Let It Be was the Black Album, their live set is not much beyond that anyway.

Huh? Have you actually looked at their live sets? They did the Black Album 30th anniversary last year, so that may be why, but anywhere they did double dates they did the album in it’s entirety with a few other songs on one night, then the next night was nothing but non-TBA songs. At most they play Sandman, Sad But True and Nothing Else Matters nearly every night, but those are easily their 3 biggest songs.

I think most people bagging on Metallica should actually go see them live if they dug the music at any point. Youtube vids don’t do sh*t as far as bringing in the energy experienced at the show, as well as the sound. They’re easily one of the biggest sounding live bands I’ve ever heard. I’m not even a hardcore Metallica fan by any means (I don’t think I even have half their albums anymore), but those dudes still bring it live or at this point, I’d imagine the people who already saw them in recent years wouldn’t be going back.

I think they have a good re-energized vibe on the live front. While realizing they are where they are (biggest metal band in the world). This song is still ok to me. It's probably a good spot for them to be vs. trying to rewrite Master again?

I am kind of odd with the fact that I like the new Extreme song more than this, though. Old me does not approve:hmm :oops: :wat:rofl

The song is boring and uninspiring, the intro is way, way, way too long, kirk solo is :barf.The chorus is ok, might have been a good one in a good song.

I think your thread title had it right - it’s “meh”. It’s not bad, but it’s not great. Listening to their first 2 new songs, and compared with Extreme’s first song, I’m more excited about the Extreme album.

This song has a Black vibe to it, and they really should be going for a Master or AJFA vibe, in my opinion.

We don't like anything. Blah! Too cultured. Too experienced. Too jaded. Too cynical. Too old. Too washed up.
Too never was!

:LOL:

Back