New Friedman IR-X preamp

Is there a way to make the default bypass state of the IR’s bypassed upon start up?
I assume it would simply restart in whichever state you shut it down in but that isn’t happening for me.

So again, WHERE is the midi map for the midi control settings on this box? I need that to program my MC-8...

So again, WHERE is the midi map for the midi control settings on this box? I need that to program my MC-8...
I think you just send PC changes for the settings you want outside eq settings. This is configured by hooking the IRX up to the computer.

PC1= channel 1 boost on
Pc2= channel 2 boost engaged
Etc

So is this a "choose what you want" for the Program Change Messages, or are the PC messages configured for each patch/setting in the IR-X?
For example, how do I switch presets using Midi within the IR-X if I don't know what PC message controls them? Thats why I was asking for a Midi Map. Please advise.

So is this a "choose what you want" for the Program Change Messages, or are the PC messages configured for each patch/setting in the IR-X?
For example, how do I switch presets using Midi within the IR-X if I don't know what PC message controls them? Thats why I was asking for a Midi Map. Please advise.
Spikey, I linked you a video above. Presets won't change EQ. There are specific parameters that can be controlled via midi. Watch the video

You can save the IR bypass as part of the program but not sure if you can do it as part of the startup
Thanks! That can help a little, since I’m currently using it into a guitar cab I can save it into a program and upon restart it seems to power up loading the last program active upon shut down. So as long as I’m not using midi and am using guitar cab it will restart in the ir bypassed state.

@ballhawk For those asking about midi programming, here is JC doing it with HX FX.
This and the other vid posted by @Mongillo19 seems to confirm that there are only PC messages and no CC for specific parameters.

I'm wondering if sticking with amp models will be just as good. Maybe someone will do a comparison between one of the top modelers and the IR-X :idk

I'm wondering if sticking with amp models will be just as good. Maybe someone will do a comparison between one of the top modelers and the IR-X :idk
The IRX feels really good (not to get into that rabbit hole lol) and is simple to use. It's hard to get a bad sound out of it.

I view it as for people who want the "tube" experience but with some advantages of modeling gear without all the scary menus.

Spikey, I linked you a video above. Presets won't change EQ. There are specific parameters that can be controlled via midi. Watch the video
Thanks, now I'm just trying to get it to work. I'm running from the MC-8, into the Eventide H90 and then into the IR-X. Trying to just switch between the amps atm in the IR-X but no luck yet. I have the H90 working via Midi and can bypass both programs and call up the tuner on the H90 via the MC-8 buttons, but can't seem to switch amps in the IR-X yet via the MC-8 through the H90. Both the H90 and IR-X are set to different Midi channels.

Thanks, now I'm just trying to get it to work. I'm running from the MC-8, into the Eventide H90 and then into the IR-X. Trying to just switch between the amps atm in the IR-X but no luck yet. I have the H90 working via Midi and can bypass both programs and call up the tuner on the H90 via the MC-8 buttons, but can't seem to switch amps in the IR-X yet via the MC-8 through the H90. Both the H90 and IR-X are set to different Midi channels.
Should be able to save one (let's say channel 1 to PC 1) and then the seconds (channel 2 to PC 2) for example? Still not working that way?

I wonder how long it’ll be before the Synergy Syn1 gets the power amp emulation and IR loading from this. That’d be a cool tool to have.
Yeah, I would suspect that’s in the long term plan if the IRX and Astro 20 succeed given that the S/W editor is branded as ‘Synergy’. We’ll probably see docks and amp heads with loads, silent modes, IR loaders, power amp emulation, etc.

Back