New Friedman IR-X preamp

Late to the party but I'm in love with my IR-X. I built a pedalboard around it and it sounds great. I've been mainly using my FM9 for a while so I've been trying to recreate the IR-X in my FM9. I get close but there's a brightness and liveliness on the clean channel I can't quite get on the FM9 even with the same IRs. I'll try again with the version 7 firmware. The IR-X just works for me.

My only knock is the knobs. I dislike those types of knobs on any pedal. They get bumped really easily in transport. I'll probably replace them.

I get close but there's a brightness and liveliness on the clean channel I can't quite get on the FM9 even with the same IRs.
What model are you using on the FM9 to get said clean tones? The IR-X's channel 1 is the Friedman Plexi channel which isn't really modelled in any Fractal device, so you may want to give one of the Plexi models a go for dialling it in closer. The 2203 Low might be an interesting candidate as well.

What model are you using on the FM9 to get said clean tones? The IR-X's channel 1 is the Friedman Plexi channel which isn't really modelled in any Fractal device, so you may want to give one of the Plexi models a go for dialling it in closer. The 2203 Low might be an interesting candidate as well.
I tried several plexis and settled on 1987x treble for now. I don't think I tried 2203 Low so I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

I tried several plexis and settled on 1987x treble for now. I don't think I tried 2203 Low so I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

It sounds like you've been experimenting with different amplifier options, specifically the Marshall Plexi models, and have settled on the 1987x treble for now. That's great to hear! The 1987x is known for its classic rock tones and vintage Marshall sound.

It sounds like you've been experimenting with different amplifier options, specifically the Marshall Plexi models, and have settled on the 1987x treble for now. That's great to hear! The 1987x is known for its classic rock tones and vintage Marshall sound.
What is your favourite colour?

Back