Neural DSP

Thanks, guys! I meant the software, not the QC.
@SeeD @mbenigni are the resident NDSP QC users

What is your experience with digital gear?

I've owned one on and off since launch lol

Owned a QC for about 1 1/2 years. What are you interested to know about?
I've been using some digital and mfx/modelers for years already.

I don't gig anymore, and I thought if it would be possible to have the smallest set up I could fit on a small table. I just DAW these days.

I've been using some digital and mfx/modelers for years already.

I don't gig anymore, and I thought if it would be possible to have the smallest set up I could fit on a small table. I just DAW these days.

The QC is a pretty cool desktop solution, IMHO. The rotary knobs / footswitches are great for tweaking settings on the fly. I quite liked the combo 1/4" + XLR inputs; you can plug f.ex. microphones directly to it.

The main caveat is that you won't be able to use on the floor though, because there's currently no desktop editor available.

The QC is a pretty cool desktop solution, IMHO. The rotary knobs / footswitches are great for tweaking settings on the fly. I quite liked the combo 1/4" + XLR inputs; you can plug f.ex. microphones directly to it.

The main caveat is that you won't be able to use on the floor though, because there's currently no desktop editor available.
Sure you can!

Here’s an actual user editing their QC on the floor:

D242D6C7-1F0C-476C-8FDF-B012B2ABE38A.jpeg

I like Fortin Cali as well as Nameless. The Petrucci has a lot of options. Nolly was the easiest to get a good tone from for me. I prefer modeling units but for plugins I have mostly reverted back to Helix Native and Brainworx plugins for amp tones, Valhalla (and others) for effects and EQ. Not really using NDSP anymore

Last edited:
I have a Quad Cortex and most of the plugins; along with tons of non-NDSP stuff. I think the Quad is pretty great as long as you can abide the capture/profiling paradigm. It’s a shame the company botched communication so badly on the product launch but really, it is an awesome piece of gear in many ways.

Their plugins are superb although a lot are redundant and the lack of interoperability is a shame.

I own all of the plugins except Tone King and parallax. Absolutely awesome stuff, and IMO sonically they’re consistently top of the pile.

I don’t really use the included IR’s and I mix and match with other plugins for more FX, so I’m not really fussed about an “all in one” plugin like Helix or amplitube offer.

I think their stuff is stable, well thought out, good UI’s, well featured and sounds and behaves as it should.

Back