NDSP Quad Cortex

It's also possible there may have been a power blip or something too, it basically shut itself off like the power came undone. Can't recall if it powered itself back up or if I did that.

If it happens again I'll be concerned.

It's also possible there may have been a power blip or something too, it basically shut itself off like the power came undone. Can't recall if it powered itself back up or if I did that.

If it happens again I'll be concerned.
Usually if the power is connected for the first time, it turns on itself (which is super annoying)

Usually if the power is connected for the first time, it turns on itself (which is super annoying)
Usually? Always IME. I don’t really consider it an annoyance. It depends on how the rest of your rig is configured. For me it’s one less thing to do after I hit the “master” power switch somewhere upstream. (E.g. on a power strip.) I do wish it was a little quieter powering up and down, though.

Usually? Always IME. I don’t really consider it an annoyance. It depends on how the rest of your rig is configured. For me it’s one less thing to do after I hit the “master” power switch somewhere upstream. (E.g. on a power strip.) I do wish it was a little quieter powering up and down, though.
Yeah it's all the time. Not sure why I said usually.

It's most annoying in a home setup I suppose. If I'm away and the power flickers or something, guess what's going to be on for let's say a week straight lol

I could always just unplug it but again just why was that a design choice

FWIW, my absence in this thread is intentional. :rofl

Sighs of relief in absent screenshots :nails:ROFLMAO:

Oh that's cool! Well @mbenigni add a QC user and then take one away 😂

JK I saw the acronym and am not used to it being referred in the actual name lol I'm used to the other place 😂
I do like to keep a finger on the pulse as to who’s into QC and who’s not (i.e. nearly everyone) on TGF, but I never even visit TGP anymore. It’s just too big for me to keep up with all the reading. This place alone is almost overwhelming sometimes, and it’s a pretty tight knit community in comparison.

Yeah it's all the time. Not sure why I said usually.

It's most annoying in a home setup I suppose. If I'm away and the power flickers or something, guess what's going to be on for let's say a week straight lol

I could always just unplug it but again just why was that a design choice
Yeah, it’s a reasonable complaint. It’s a soft switch so it should be configurable. If it has to be one or the other, I actually prefer it as is, because I can walk into the studio, hit one power switch on a strip, and have the QC, its power amp/ powered monitors, whatever computing device(s) etc. all fire at once and just start playing. Same before I walk out of the room again (with the possible exception of said computing devices.)

Last edited:
Hey, I had a brand new Helix Floor freeze on me during an update, never even got to use it, totally brickwalled. Brought it back to the store and they couldn't revive it either.

I can say though, that neither the FM3 nor FM9 I had froze up, ever. (Although @SwirlyMaple certainly had issues with his.) Kemper Stage never did, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Met Gala Karamo GIF by E!

Same before I walk out of the room again (with the possible exception of said computing devices.)

I usually do this too, except I just read in the QC manual it recommends powering it down with the button, so being the OCD rule follower I am, I now have to do that. :confused:

I usually do this too, except I just read in the QC manual it recommends powering it down with the button, so being the OCD rule follower I am, I now have to do that. :confused:
I could have sworn I read the exact opposite in some different correspondence from NDSP. Surprising absolutely no one, I’m sure. :D Hedging bets and covering asses lol. I love the QC, but I often get the sense that NDSP doesn’t actually have any idea how it works. Which fits with the whole machine learning/ AI nightmare movie pitch, I guess.

Anyway, I’m not changing my wicked ways at this point, so consider me the canary in this particular coal mine.

I actually like the current IR loading process. You can dump them on the cloud without having the QC connected and then download them selectively to the device wirelessly. I mass dumped my Yorks to have the available but then just installed the M01’s.

It was also really cool to just have them there when I went back and tried the QC for the second time, everything was already sitting in my cloud account and I downloaded everything I wanted without having to do anything else.

I could have sworn I read the exact opposite in some different correspondence from NDSP. Surprising absolutely no one, I’m sure. :D Hedging bets and covering asses lol. I love the QC, but I often get the sense that NDSP doesn’t actually have any idea how it works. Which fits with the whole machine learning/ AI nightmare movie pitch, I guess.

Anyway, I’m not changing my wicked ways at this point, so consider me the canary in this particular coal mine.

I actually can't find it in the manual now and I'm not sure where I read that. Will look and see.

I did find this, which would suggest it's fine to just shut off via power strip or whatever (never mind that "power cable isn't one word :grin ):

"Gestures and Commands: To turn Quad Cortex off, press the capacitive power button and select Shut Down. You can also remove the powercable from the back of Quad Cortex."

Back