NCD: Mojotone British 4x10 "Ace Mix" cab

XS1BS410_01.jpg

XS1BS410_02.jpg

XS1BS410_03.jpg

Stock photos, but since I ordered the stock cab, they are representative of what I should receive.

G10 Gold = 6 lbs each
G10 Greenback = 3.5 lbs each
Majotine cabinet = 40 lbs

Total weight = 59 lbs (26.8 kg)

Definitely not light, but manageable (especially when compared to a loaded 4x12).

G10 Gold = 6 lbs each
G10 Greenback = 3.5 lbs each
Majotine cabinet = 40 lbs

Total weight = 59 lbs (26.8 kg)

Definitely not light, but manageable (especially when compared to a loaded 4x12).
For comparison, that's about 10 kg / 22 lbs more than my Bluetone 4x10 with four 10" Greenbacks. My cab is made of paulownia except for the speaker mounting frame. Paulownia is super light, but also pretty soft and ugly.

4x10cabinet_2.jpg

For comparison, that's about 10 kg / 22 lbs more than my Bluetone 4x10 with four 10" Greenbacks. My cab is made of paulownia except for the speaker mounting frame. Paulownia is super light, but also pretty soft and ugly.

4x10cabinet_2.jpg
5 pounds of that delta is from the difference between the G10 Gold and Greenback speakers. So an empty Bluetone cab (with casters) is roughly 23 pounds. That is definitely a back-saver.

How do you like the sound?

5 pounds of that delta is from the difference between the G10 Gold and Greenback speakers. So an empty Bluetone cab (with casters) is roughly 23 pounds. That is definitely a back-saver.

How do you like the sound?
Back-saver for sure. Mine doesn't have the casters though, doesn't really need them. I can lift the cab with one hand if needed!

Love the 10" Greenbacks. My cab has beam blockers on the top two speakers so it never sounds harsh unless you really push the treble/presence.

Interested in how the mix of Greens and Golds works out.

HOLD UP!!

-Where’s the damn wheels & caster’s?
That’s an important back breaking factor
when faithfully comparing a 4X10 to the mighty
4X12.
Looks awesome dude!!
That mix really combines the best of cleans to edge of break-ups to punch in the grunt heavy grind.
Also super good for heavy blues,
-that’s my baseline by nature,
-first note I always strike is directly related to
The Cream, -I can’t change that.
Anyways,
-A whole lotta jangle & when crunched up the Greens bring back the rock-n-roll.
Fire in the damn hole fellas!!!

Had a slight scare after receiving the completed PDF invoice via email earlier today.

Screenshot_20240321-143520_1.png

They responded almost immediately and confirmed it was a typo and I would be receiving the appropriate 4x10 baffle.

a873593899e0bc28bd7ce61f85efdbcf-3875166335.gif

Fedex notification received: expected delivery on Saturday. The speakers won't arrive until next week

4x10cabinet_2.jpg
That’s rad!!!

I don't need another cab...
I don't need another cab...

Ordered one anyway.

Mojotone British series 4x10 cab
2 x Celestion G10 Gold @ 16 ohms
2 x Celestion G10 Greenback @ 16 ohms

I blame thank @Life Eats Life for the inspiration.
Congrats with that man.
I assume it was challenging finding the
16ohm G10 Greenbacks?
They were for me…
-Ace’s land high for a reason👌.
LTFOL man!!!
(I greatly enjoy the curling little fingers emoji btw)

Back