NCD: Mojotone British 4x10 "Ace Mix" cab

Looks like the empty cab is less than 40 pounds as stated on the website.

Fedex has the shipping weight declared as 39.0 pounds. Probably at least 4 pounds for packing material and the box, so closer to 35 pounds for the cab.

G10 Gold = 6 lbs each
G10 Greenback = 3.5 lbs each
Majotine cabinet = 40 lbs

Total weight = 59 lbs (26.8 kg)

Definitely not light, but manageable (especially when compared to a loaded 4x12).
59lbs is not bad at all. A decent high watt combo is heavier than that, and a 4x10 is much easier to grab and carry 2 handed.
Youre Crazy Omar Epps GIF

:ROFLMAO:

:beer

I do personally prefer that vintage 4x 10 config in an open or semi-open config. :idk
My heart goes there too, tweed bassman style. I've used a Mojo one for a tweed clone I built someone years ago and it was high quality.
But these Marshall style 4x10s are appealing too. One of the coolest cabs I've had a chance to play through was an old Marshall 4x10. Not mine though. :cry:

The cab has arrived but waiting for speakers

G10 Greenbacks are scheduled for delivery on Monday and the G10 Golds on Wednesday.

Last edited:
The cab has arrived but waiting for speakers

G10 Greenbacks are scheduled for delivery on Monday and the G10 Golds on Wednesday.
I wouldn’t open it dude.
You ever see Creepshow??
“The Crate”.
(That’s actually based on a true story)
I figure you use some entertainment while
that sweet 4X10 sits awaiting it’s driver’s).

I wouldn’t open it dude.
You ever see Creepshow??
“The Crate”.
(That’s actually based on a true story)
I figure you use some entertainment while
that sweet 4X10 sits awaiting it’s driver’s).
Too late. I needed to know if it included speaker mounting hardware. Fortunately it does.

I pulled the back panel as well to inspect the wiring harness.

creepshow-the-crate-restauracion-original-633433369_1.jpg

I didn't see anything inside, so I'm hoping no Creepshow here. :eek: :rofl

Last edited:
Dude..you REALLY should not have done that.
Gee..I wonder why your boss dissappeared a few days after you took delivery of that 4X10??😉
Hey dude, remember the crazy episode where the “Airplane” funny dude is the vindictive villain and he buries his prospects up to their necks in the sand during low tide and video tapes them when high tide comes in??
-and -Lesley Nielsen- plays the video tape of the prior prospect as the high tide comes in as they chokingly’ eat saltwater for the current prospect about to chokingly’ eat saltwater as the tide comes in??
LOL😜

Hey dude, remember the crazy episode where the “Airplane” funny dude is the vindictive villain and he buries his prospects up to their necks in the sand during low tide and video tapes them when high tide comes in??
-and -Lesley Nielsen- plays the video tape of the prior prospect as the high tide comes in as they chokingly’ eat saltwater for the current prospect about to chokingly’ eat saltwater as the tide comes in??
LOL😜
I love Creepshow and remember getting creeped out in the '80s by that Leslie Nielsen chapter "Something To Tide You Over."

I really want to build a stereo pair of 1x10 cabs with those Greenback 10s.
Sounds like an interesting project. Would they be open or closed back?

I would worry that they may have a tendency to sound boxy in small enclosures.

I really want to build a stereo pair of 1x10 cabs with those Greenback 10s.
Dayum!!!
That looks RAD..in Iceburg White💯
Man, I had a design idea drummed up with
multiple 1X10’s all amongst the room, some hanging from chains etc.., I never completed
‘the family’.
I think I got to 4 and threw in the towel.
It was groovy though man.
2 is killer, you can angle them/turn them,
-the world is yours!

Mines at the facility & out for delivery tomorrow.
The trifecta is complete.
Super stoked to seek out cool new tones and here it through different speaker’s
The cherry popping moment is that first sound that comes out of the speakers.
The amp that I prescribed this for will put the seal on the deal.. then I’m on a mission from God.

Back