Narrowing down my options for a tube amp

One's an iconically great amp and the other is the other.

You happy is all that matters. I just think long-term an AC15 will always be a better amp
in a wider range of styles and settings than the other amp. Granted no chugga chugga
with an AC15.
I get it, its not strange reasoning by any means.

I could really care less about owning something iconic that I didn't really get along with. I was happy to see it go. It was mass produced overseas just like the MT15 and I wanted something that could do a range of things. The clean channel on the MT15 is already more versatile than the AC15 was

I've been using modeling gear 100% of the time for about 9 years so I really don't care what the name says on the front. I drive a Honda. I'm wearing pants from Amazon.

I do appreciate your POV but we are two different people and I bet we touch the guitar in very different ways.

Lol…I even modded it with a poweramp input to take the Kemper ;-)
feel free to mock me ;-)
I thought doing something like this was a good idea until I thought about it a little more.

I'm interested in hearing about it if you have the inkling.

I was happy to see it go. It was mass produced overseas

It's funny you should mention that. I think I know what you mean.

I had the Vox AC10C1 when it first came out. I opened that up one time to replace the crappy tubes it contained and the inside was... shockingly bad and cheaply put together. Just particle board and shitty components. Mass produced for sure at the lowest possible price point. Oh well, it sounded okay when it worked at "reasonable volumes". Rattled terribly when turned up. Some people absolutely love 'em.

Vox may have been special at one time, but the company has changed hands many times since then.

I always wondered about those CP50(?) Vox heads. Not enough to actually bother with buying one; but enough to think about it a time or five.

To be fair the AC15 did a cool thing. A cool one thing. A cool one thing only with a Strat plugged into it. Normal channel did the dark humbucker jazz thing okay at dinner party volumes too

Reactions: JT
I get it, its not strange reasoning by any means.

I could really care less about owning something iconic that I didn't really get along with. I was happy to see it go. It was mass produced overseas just like the MT15 and I wanted something that could do a range of things. The clean channel on the MT15 is already more versatile than the AC15 was

I've been using modeling gear 100% of the time for about 9 years so I really don't care what the name says on the front. I drive a Honda. I'm wearing pants from Amazon.

I do appreciate your POV but we are two different people and I bet we touch the guitar in very different ways.

It wasn't about branding. By "iconic" I meant an amp used by a wide range of people in a wide variety
of settings that has stood, and will will stand, the test of time.

It was also just an opinion on a public forum, and I used the hide behind the couch emoji knowing
it wouldn't be perceived as valid. :idk Not sure how much more guarded that comment.... errr... dumb
shit opinion could have been. :LOL:

At this point I wish I never said anything about any Vox, let alone the AC15. Because it opened a
can of worms about what a turd it is and how only broke ass Indie people would ever use an amp
like it----and also reminds me of how Chug-centric this forum is.

I thought doing something like this was a good idea until I thought about it a little more.

I'm interested in hearing about it if you have the inkling.
As a rule of thumb adding a poweramp input is a valid option…had it done superchamp x2…works like a charm…great small “powered speaker”.
the ac15 however…for some reason it breaks up just by looking at it, and way to trebly…also straight into the powersection…not what you want.

I dug the AC15 model on the QC :bag but if I was ever going to buy an AC it would be the 30 or GTFO.

It wasn't about branding. By "iconic" I meant an amp used by a wide range of people in a wide variety
of settings that has stood, and will will stand, the test of time.

It was also just an opinion on a public forum, and I used the hide behind the couch emoji knowing
it wouldn't be perceived as valid. :idk Not sure how much more guarded that comment.... errr... dumb
s**t opinion could have been. :LOL:

At this point I wish I never said anything about any Vox, let alone the AC15. Because it opened a
can of worms about what a turd it is and how only broke ass Indie people would ever use an amp
like it----and also reminds me of how Chug-centric this forum is.

Like I said I appreciate your point of view and it is a valid opinion. It's just not that AC15 you're talking about, it's an AC15C1.

And again, I'm not all chugga chugga. So if you want to go ahead and paint me into a happy little corner by all means have a blast.

200.gif

Back